Default PIAA Extreme Light Bulbs?

I'd like to start by noting that my manual says H7 for low-beam bulbs; good thing i checked before ordering as they are in fact H11's!

Anyways, has anyone tried the PIAA Extreme bulbs for their low beam headlamps? Any problems? Benefits?

Thanks!

'08 xc70

PIAA Xtreme are overpriced and overdriven blue coated bulbs that give the appearance of a bluish tint to headlights. They sure look pretty and will lighten your wallet at least $50 but produce a lot of glare to oncoming drivers.

If you're looking for bulbs that improve your lighting power and offer better visibility in poor weather, I would stick to bulbs that produce light color between 3600-3200k - meaning that the standard bulb you can get for your Volvo is just fine.
    Last edited by Forkster; 10-23-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Sir,

I used PIAA for about a year. I found they were just over-driven bulbs with bulb tinting.
    I also found I was replacing $50+ bulbs every 6 months, one I chalked up to a fluke, the second I wondered about a pattern.
    When they both failed again, I knew I had to find a different solution.

Either you stick with the original bulbs or you upgrade to the Volvo ABL lights.
    I bought my '13 with them and added them myself to my '04.

Andres
    2013 XC70 T6, Premier Plus, BLIS Black/Black 18K miles, stock
    2004 XC70 Premium, Convenience, Climate Blue/Tan 122K miles, 2007+ ABL lights, IPD sways F & R, TME exhaust, SS brake lines, R Brembo calipers & rotors, Akebono ceramic pads F & R (replaced PCV, power steering rack, struts and springs, end links, ball joints, A-arms, all fluids)

I use h9 bulbs. they are 65w as apposed to 55 for the h11. you have to clip a small piece of plastic off the connector on the h9 bulb but they make a big difference. there is a video on you tube how to do it. volvosweden is the channel I think