Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Power window problems??

Hi, My 2005 XC70 has the two front power windows acting up! The drivers and passengers power windows ( with the two stage switch) seems to need something reset. When I press the window control all the way down (so the window should go up all the way and close by itself) the window goes up to the top (closed position) and then right away goes back down all the way. I think I recall a couple of times it would go up and then come back down about half way and stop. I would have to hold the window button in the close position until the window would go up to the top and I would have to hold the button for a second in order for it to stay up.
    Is there any way to "set" or "adjust" the power windows so it goes up and stays there (without coming back down again)
    At first it was only the passengers side that did this, and now the drivers side is doing it as well.
    It seems like it must be something to do with how the power is told to stop once the window get to the top.
    All help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie8 View Post
    Hi, My 2005 XC70 has the two front power windows acting up! The drivers and passengers power windows ( with the two stage switch) seems to need something reset. When I press the window control all the way down (so the window should go up all the way and close by itself) the window goes up to the top (closed position) and then right away goes back down all the way. I think I recall a couple of times it would go up and then come back down about half way and stop. I would have to hold the window button in the close position until the window would go up to the top and I would have to hold the button for a second in order for it to stay up.
    Is there any way to "set" or "adjust" the power windows so it goes up and stays there (without coming back down again)
    At first it was only the passengers side that did this, and now the drivers side is doing it as well.
    It seems like it must be something to do with how the power is told to stop once the window get to the top.
    All help is appreciated.
    I had the same issue with my passenger side window switch would do the same thing.

There is a system the measure how hard the windows takes to go up and will reverse the window if it thinks it takes to much force. The reason behind this is that since the window is auto up it thinks that the extra force is as head or finger in the window and rolls it back down not to hurt the person.

What i did to fix it was to clean the window track and lube it up with silicon spray.

After i did that i never had another problem for the past year.

They need to be initialized/calibrated at the dealer or by someone with VIDA
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Can vida reset power windows?

Did you try resting them? Sometimes this takes a few tries. Be careful, as I have broken the sliding pivot once while doing this, but then again that might have been cracked already when that happened to me. This is from another post some one did.

Resetting
    If the battery has been disconnected, the auto open function must be reset so that it will work properly.

1. Gently raise the front section of the button to close the window and hold it for one second.

2. Release the button briefly.

3. Raise the front section of the button again for one second.
    2001 V70XC 150k

You don't need dealer or VIDA to reset the windows. There is a procedure to reset it using the window's fuse.

DYZ
    2005 Volvo XC70, Ash Gold, 210K miles

That only works SOMETIMES, (actually rarely) for a correct reset it needs to be done by VIDA
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Works every time for me. Worth a try anyway and it's very easy to do.

DYZ

Hi DYZ,

So what is the procedure to do this and reset the window??
    Thanks

1) locate the fuse in the fuse box in the side dash on the driver's side (check the diagram on the fuse box cover);
    2) engage auto-down and pull out the fuse while the window is going down;
    3) re-install the fuse
    4) engage auto-up and keep holding it while the window goes up, hold it for 5 ~ 6 seconds after the window closes.

This works for me every time.

DYZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast