Thread: Relay Locations

Default Relay Locations

Okay here it goes. I am having an issue with my lights and I think it might possibly be a relay but I don't know where the relay is. I just bought the car (it's my first Volvo) 1999 V70XC Cross Country
    The issue I am having is that the dash lights, running light, tail lights and license plate light just stopped working. I check the under hood fuses and all are good. So if anyone knows where the relay is located for them the help would be very much appreciated. I work in the wee hours of the morning and don’t want to get a ticket for not having running lamps. Thanks

There is not a relay that controls just those lights (dash, front running, tail lamps, license). And the bulb out relay only cares about the rear tail lamps, brake lights and low beams.

The light switches on the svc70's were notoriously bad, they fall apart (the back half of the switch comes loose or off) and only some of the functions work. Careful removing it - it will fall apart.

Thanks a lot. I pulled the switch and the top had started to separate. I cleaned the contacts epoxied the case back together and now the lights all function as they should.