Default 2007 XC-90 vacuum pump repair

Hello, On my recent service visit to the dealer they informed me that my vacuum pump was weeping oil and quoted me $600 for the repair. I'm mechanically inclined enough to do the repair but wanted to know if the leak can be repaired without purchasing a new pump. If it is, is there anything else that will be needed, parts or etc. Likewise, will I need any special tools to remove and repair/replace. Thanks in advance. Steve

Many of those pumps leak - and it is a straightforward (and expensive) replacement. I've never heard of anyone being able to repair a leaking pump, perhaps some wiser minds on the forum have.

That same brand of pump is used on some vw engines also.

I tell people to wait until you notice oil under the car to replace it. A "weeping" pump to me implies a very small leak.

Mine was replaced under warranty. The dealer also replaced the whole unit, however, it was leaking near the engine, Volvo does sell just the O-Ring for 10 bucks. I personally would start by replacing the o-ring and then go from there. there are a few pumps on ebay for much less than 600 bucks too. It looks easy to get to and straight forward to replace.

Volvo just came out with a repair kit for the vacuum pump...its about $70...

The pump has engine oil lubrication and if the cover is not sealed it will leak that oil. The cover has to be flat and bolts tightened but not overtightened or it will distort and leak.

Everyone that uses that pump has oil leak issues. BMW is another of the users and theirs also leak but also can be repaired.