Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

chassis ? serial ? whatever...I am just going by what the Bosch website says...
    Downstream
    From chassis # #342000
    VIN "56"
    1 per car
    -------------------
    I think the part I need is 9202720 or Bosch 15062...thanks

I've never sold the extension harnesses in my part of the country, they may be needed for some cars but I don't have any experience with those.

My golden rule is to only sell what parts I can prove to my customer are bad, because I've not found anyone yet that has extra money to spend replacing stuff for their car that's not broken.

That said if I were putting a new cat on my own 18yr old northern car I would replace the front sensor and try to save the rear and see if it still works.

smart thinking...I won't open the boxes, until I know I definitely need the rear. thanks for the help!!

The rear is the one that's VERY close to the exhaust and can get melted a bit so if you only change one harness that would be the one.
    It comes with a Volvo blue box 02 sensor
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    NO

Damnit, I told you what your chassis number is:

3WAMMWA4|

I also mentioned why would they want your chassis number???
    What you posted is the last 8 of your VIN (SERIAL number, which makes more sense as there was a cut off date on 1998s
    3WAMMWA4 is the Chassis Code. This is per Volvo and how the parts catalog/VIDA will reference it.

Chassis number is the last 6 of the full VIN is what Volvo uses for Chassis Number if they reference that for parts or other service info.

This is the way it is described in Pocket Data books and in VIDA or any other Volvo literature where decoding VIN and description of the vehicle data plate fields is shown.

Chassis Code is the same for cars with the same suspension configuration and of course chassis number is unique for cars of the same variant.

I can't think of why they would want chassis code for an O2 sensor. Usually that is used for selection of springs, anti-roll bars, and shocks or struts.
    Running changes on a variant are usually referenced by chassis number.

They would need the VIN as there were probably two different sensors for 98s.
    One for the early cars and one for the later cars.

I think I said up top why would they want a chassis code??
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Catalytic converter Update -- Do Not waste your time with the aftermarket catalytic converter from North Eastern Cat.com (all one word) out of Union City, NJ. for the 1998 v70 2.4L Turbo AWD. The aftermarket pipe does NOT fit to the turbo -- the muffler assembly fits great -- but the cat converter does not fit. The only place it fits is in the box it came in....I should have known better on this job.....thanks for all the help with the O2 sensors - I did not get far enough to even see if they fit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12