Thread: ABS Sensor

Default ABS Sensor

Now that we have had a week of rain, snow, ice and +/- 2C weather, I have had the ABS/traction control lights come on every time I go thru a puddle on the passenger side. VIDA tells me that it is a bum right front ABS sensor. Plan on trying to get out into the barn this weekend and pulling the sensor to see what shape the wiring is in, but other than that is there any way to test a sensor? VIDA tells me dirt or ice may be the culprit which would have been my guess but I would like to verify a bit more before I buy a new one. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Update: After getting the car in the air and looking things over, I have a split ABS tone ring on the right front. I've ordered a new ring (actually a 2 pack) from the UK for a total of 18.95 GBP. Since I was planning on replacing that corner's wheel bearing, looks like I'll just make a project to rebuild the whole hub area on that corner. Sure glad that the car waits til winter to do these kinds of thing since I love working on my car when its -10C.
    Last edited by billr99; 12-28-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff