Default '05 Front Bumper Attachment Plate / Bolt ???

Backstory: Bought an '04 xc70 that had been in a front driver side collision. Not too severe however that even the orginal headlight assembly was still used. After some headlight issues I dug deep enough to find water in my ballast cause by a crack in the headlight housing. After a new ballast and some JB weld I was back in business. (To add some interest the guy who fixed the car put an '05 bumper, which I find more attractive also.)

Anyway, after removing the driver side of the front bumper it finally clicked to me this last time that I have never had to remove the 13mm bolt that should attach the bumper the frame. The passenger side of the bumper has the bolt and I've never had to fully remove the bumper to slide the headlight assembly in and out. Sure enough I popped off the plastic cover and no bolt or plate on the dirver side.

My question is what on earth is this thing called?? Google searches involving any combination of "bumper" "plate" "bolt" "attachment" and "frame" only gives me endless threads of people unable to figure out how to screw a license plate bracket onto their car. Any idea of a site that would sell individual items so specific? I'd like to resist just cuttin my own peice of steel and drilling a hole in it just yet...

Thanks!

Behind the bumper cover is what's called the rear section in which the "attaching plates" are held. These are what you are describing, and they can be purchased seperately from the rear section. Left side is PN 8648130, right side is PN 8648131. You might want to take a look inside yours because a lot of times those plates come loose and slide down between the rear section and the bumper cover.

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Thanks, Dave. I will look into the possibility that mine came loose.

Brad