Thread: Locked out !

Default Locked out !

Woke up this morning to find I was unable to unlock my 2005 XC 70 with neither of the two remote key fobs I have. No reaction to "un-lock", "lock" or the yellow "light up button. I know the batteries in both fobs are recent. To make matters worse the switchblade key, which I have never tried, will not open the door either.
    I'm guessing the car has a bad door lock module fuse......? or ...?

I hate to call AAA to break into the car....Will breaking into a Volvo be a challenge for someone that does it on a regular basis?

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks

Kent

It may (need a lock) or you have a totally dead (car) battery.
    Should open with the key unless the battery is 100% DEAD
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Thanks JRL,

Looks like the battery was the problem. AAA was able to easily pry the door open to get inside. The parking light switch was somehow hit "on" draining the battery during the night. I tested the bat at 11.68 volts which I would have thought enough to unlock the doors. Time for a new battery and a bit more investigation on why the switchblade would'nt open the door...

Cheers,

Kent
    Last edited by Captkent; 07-16-2013 at 08:59 AM.

It's amazing how fast these batteries will go dead.
    When we were working on my 01 (back in 01, learned my lesson then) all we had was the ignition key on pos.#2, the doors open (key chime and door lights), it went completely dead in half an hour!
    (and the battery was only two years old)!!!!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)