Default No sound from my speakers.

I have a 99 Volvo XC70. has factory cd/tape player, am/fm radio. I just bought it a month ago. I don't know when the speakers last worked.

Does my car have a factory amplifer? I've looked under the passenger seat(it's not there), I've followed the wires coming out of the back of the stereo, they seem to go way up in the dash above and behind the passenger air bag to god knows where?

anyone ever seen this anything like this? The radio head powers up, seems to pick up radio station, plays cd's. just no sound comes out of the speakers. I've tried 4 different factory Volvo radios. all the same.

wondering if there is a factory amplifier on my car and where it's exact location is. should I just buy an aftermarket deck and run new speaker wires?

If it plays CDs why are you asking if there is an AMP?
    They would not play

Sounds as if the antennas (plural) are not plugged in
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

There are two fuses for these systems. One for switched, #32, and one for constant power, #7.
    My suspect would be #7, although, I would expect it to ask for the code every time you turn it on
    if the constant power fuse was blown. If you set a radio station to a preset button, does it remember it?

Not too many XC's had factory amps, but post a pic of your main wiring connectors.
    If one of the two main connectors only has one wire, that's a clue.

'98 " Last of the Good Ones!" V70 R
    Upsolute ECU - E-Codes/SilverStars - ArcticGrade Oil Lines - HD SkidPlate - Spoiler - XC Grill -