Thread: Engine support

Default Engine support

Good day all

I am a newbie to the XC Family but certainly not to the Volvo family. I have had many sedans 1st wagon.

I just picked up a 2002 xc70. It has some minor issues. One thing is bothering me. It seems to me the cross support. It goes from strut to strut which also attaches to the upper engine mount is loose. I checked the bolts on the strut ends and all seems tight. I can grab the bar and swivel it back and forth. I don't think I should be able to do that.

Any thoughts.
    Thanks

Welcome! You have an XC70 or 90? If 70, repost in the XC70 section.

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack

Wrong forum and the bar does come a bit loose from the factory.
    There are aftermarket bushings to make it stiff if that's what you want
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Check the upper stabilizer mount , how does it look, is it cracked? You can buy a replacement for cheap, about $27. I replaced mine is; it made a difference.
    Also, it could be the bar bushings. IPD makes a rigid versions of the factory bushings for about $39.

Keep in mind that some play is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Good day all

I am a newbie to the XC Family but certainly not to the Volvo family. I have had many sedans 1st wagon.

I just picked up a 2002 xc70. It has some minor issues. One thing is bothering me. It seems to me the cross support. It goes from strut to strut which also attaches to the upper engine mount is loose. I checked the bolts on the strut ends and all seems tight. I can grab the bar and swivel it back and forth. I don't think I should be able to do that.

Any thoughts.
    Thanks
    2004 XC70 2.5 T5 AWD 150K Mobil 1
    2000 VW Passat Wagon V6 150K Castrol
    2000 Tacoma PreRunner 190K Castrol
    2000 Isuzu Trooper 4WD 140K Castrol