Default 2005 XC70 Windshield Trim Rubber

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this site for a while and I can't begin to say how helpful you have been. I tried to find a specific part and have found some threads pertaining to it, but have not found the answer. I just purchased this car and every one I looked at had the same issue so I know it is common. On either side of the windshield are two plastic trim pieces that are painted the color of the car. They are held in place by plastic clips which I bought from IPD. Along these are some black rubber pieces that go from the roof to the bottom corner of the windshield. They apper to be a drainage channel. These rubber pieces are what I am looking for. Mine are dry rotted and falling apart. Does anyone know what these are called, the part number, or where I can find them?

Thanks!

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

The rubber trim you refer to appears to be only available when ordered together with the color coded molding. Part number for the assembly is relevant to the color code of your car.

Thanks Art! I was afraid of that. Looks like around 100 each.
    2005 XC70
    2008 XC90

Here you go sport. Took me a bit of finding as well.
    http://www.ipdusa.com/prodtype.asp?n...umbs=1050,1051
    Cheers Mate.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Atrax100 View Post
    Cheers Mate.
    Neil
    These are the pieces below the pieces I need. I need the same ones the original poster asked about. Can someone point me to a source? Removal/replacement instructions would also be helpful.
    Thanks much,
    DLW
    '04 XC70 Black/Taupe/Premium/Climate

They clip on and off
    Sometimes (many times) a clip is broken in the removal process so buy a couple of extras
    Volvo is the only place to get these, also Volvo is discontinuing these trim pieces!

I JUST bought a pair in Black Sapphire. One side was in the US, the other had to be ordered from Europe! and I was told then that these are going to be harder and harder to get so order them now from your dealer (or www.tascaparts.com)

NOT HERE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrax100 View Post
    Cheers Mate.
    Neil
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)