Smile I did't know I could Fall in Love- all over again !!!

We got blasted with snow today in Chicago. Traffic was un-holy, the snow was too. Anyways I wanted to post here because it was a happy experience with my xc90. - my XC90 V8 does not get the credit it deserves. The car is incredible in nasty slushy snow.

Everyone in town was creeping along...... I thought humm-lets see what the XC90 is about, so I safely pushed the V8, and the XC90 schooled me Not slipping at all, I mean none, well maybe the state-of-the-art traction control intervened and I did not even notice, who knows. Then I got out of the town, and was headed down many un-plowed twisty roads, you know the rural roads, trees on both sides. In love with how confident my XC90 V8 is in snow.

The key to my XC90 is the V8 in snow- just for anyone wondering, is V8 has enough power to down-shift and keep moving with out being pestered by the snow or I mean it seems to be able to ignore the snow in down-shift. ----Like a tank or bullet train, it keeps going, strait where you point it. The V8 is useful for more then smooth cruising. Maybe Land Rover knows that about V8's, that the V8's have enough torque and horsepower to pull and push harder, quicker with less effort.-I know my XC90 is AWD....AWD in my humble opinion, comes in more handy for real life. (We also have a Pathfinder, and you have to turn the 4wd on)

Sorry to plug in this post- I just wanted to share positive comments and thoughts on the XC90 V8

My 2.5T XC90 does incredibly well in snow also. In fact, I went from an unreliable Land rover to my XC90, and must say that my XC90 moves much quicker from a stop than my land rover did. That LR was a real mule !!!! not to mention a gas-o-holic.

Glad you enjoy you vehicle also.

Completely agree with you! Our first visit to the mountains was for the snow. Twisty, winding roads with ice and snow and the XC90 V8-Sport was unphased, even with the 19" Sport Alloys and Low Profile tires! I could see other cars slipping while our Brick was ready and steady. Volvo For Life!