Default Looking at roof rack crossbars...

I'm wanting to pick up a roof top bike carrier, and I also will be transporting my kayak on the roof when the weather gets better.

I have the side rails, but no crossbars.

Would something like this work?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-SHIP-48...e1e968&vxp=mtr

Or would I be better off with the factory (wing?) crossbars?

I plan on picking up a Thule OEM Volvo style bike rack, and the kayak I'll just strap down on top of the bars, I'm not going to buy a specific mount for that, as I don't bring the kayak very far at all.

Thanks for any input!
    Silver '07 Adventure Series

I have the factory aero bars that I picked up last year from a forum member. Unless you get the Volvo bike carriers, aftermarket ones will tilt to the side too far. At least for my liking. Since I already have Yakima sleds, I will be picking up Yakima WhispBars. If you still want to go OEM, PM me cause mine are for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Lew View Post
    I have the factory aero bars that I picked up last year from a forum member. Unless you get the Volvo bike carriers, aftermarket ones will tilt to the side too far. At least for my liking. Since I already have Yakima sleds, I will be picking up Yakima WhispBars. If you still want to go OEM, PM me cause mine are for sale.
    So with the factory crossbars, the rack will tilt out? I'm thinking the factory bars must bow up in the center then?

yes, factory cross bars have a slight bow wherein they are higher in the center and do not work well for bike racks. With most all cross bars, be prepared for the wind noise for which there are dozens of posts. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by phipper View Post
    yes, factory cross bars have a slight bow wherein they are higher in the center and do not work well for bike racks. With most all cross bars, be prepared for the wind noise for which there are dozens of posts. Good luck
    Luckily I have the HU850, so a turn of the volume knob is all it takes to make the wind noise go away!

I have found the volume control to be a very good resolution to wind noise. In addition, it appears based on my experience that adding attachments, roof box, bike racks, surfboard pads, etc. actually helps to reduce the wind noise that is most prevalent with just the cross bars mounted to rails.

Quote Originally Posted by phipper View Post
    My factory cross bars are dead flat along their length, you must have a different model crossbar...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (130K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (58K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (147K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (247K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (300K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (230K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    My factory cross bars are dead flat along their length, you must have a different model crossbar...
    Got pics of them Astro?