Default Best Replacement Headlamps for 1998 Volvo Cross Country

I recently purchased a very good example of the subject-line referenced vehicle from JRL (the green '98 listed in the forum's classifieds). The headlamps, however, and the left in particular, produce light for driving that is about as effective and safe as having two small elves sitting, one on the left side of the front bumper and the other on the right side, throwing fairy-dust or glitter in front of the car as it moves forward through the inky darkness of suburban Stepford (where I live) or, really, any other place without streetlights. Therefore, since the holiday season has ended and the elves must return to Sweden for the coming year, I need to purchase replacements.

Greatly appreciated will be your advice about the best replacement headlamps for this vehicle.

Thanks and a happy, prosperous New Year to you all,

Chris

03-04 C70 Clear lights and corners
    Not cheap, but terrific looking and the light output triples!

All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

They do look terrific. IPD sells them and states they are a "direct replacement upgrade" for all 1998 to 2000 V70 cars, so should require no modifications to fit? As to the corner lights, I'll have to budget for them, but will the C70 lights work with the corner lights now on the '98?

Of course but it will look pretty weird (ie:bad)
    Clear on front, fluted on the sides, ehh......

What does IPD want for the pair, they're not the cheapest company around you know.
    Better off with Tasca
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

IPD's cheaper per unit by about $40.00 than Tasco. Still pretty expensive, so I'll have to live with the goofy, but functional, presentation awhile.

I ordered a pair of headlamps today; if I remember, I will post a photo of the car after they're installed.

Default C70 Headlamps Installed

New C70 headlamps installed today. They do make the fluted corner lights look like toenails with a fungus, so I will probably budget for a set of clear corner lights sometime this year.

But what a magnificent difference they make. On the drive home tonight, on low-beam setting they are three to four times brighter than the old lights on high-beam. High beams are amazingly bright.

Attached is a photo taken late this afternoon, note the contrast between the headlamps and corner lights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clear-Headlights.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	4977