Default Reamman - Valvebody rebuilders

For anybody out there that needs it I got some great news in case you didn't already know. I called Reamman (http://www.reamman.com/product.aspx?productid=148) to price a rebuilt valvebody and they quoted me $450 (no tax since they are shipping out of their home state) for the AW55-50 which is a great price already but apparently they upped their warranty from 1yr to 3yrs!

They have alot of them in stock so there is no need to send them yours to have rebuilt. But if you decide to keep your old one the core charge is $150. Still a great deal in my opinion.

I couldn't decide if I should try the valvebody before going for a full tranny rebuild but since the price is so good I might as well give the valvebody a try.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at installing a rebuilt Valvebody while I gather parts for a manual swap.
    2014 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Sport: Stock for now
    2009 Scion tC 5M: True Ram-Air with K&N Filter, JVTR Header, Raceland Exhaust with AR25 Resonator, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood and Hatch, HIDs.
    1998 Olds Cutlass GLS 4A: K&N Short Ram, P&P TB, Custom Exhaust, Enkei MM2 Ultralight 18's.
    1997 Suzuki Sidekick JLX Sport: 3 inch Lift with Long Travel Shocks, larger tires, and Dash mounted CB Radio.

$450 does seem cheap. I was going to start with the solenoids on a 2001 V70 xc I just got for cheap that is hard shifting, but may just jump at this for a little more cash. It would save me the headache of having to go into there a second time if replacing the solenoids, drain and fill, and software reset/adapt didn't fix it. Thanks for the info!
    2002 V70 XC, 42k
    1996 960, 101k
    Anderson, SC

Sure, there are Youtube videos on how to rebuild a linear solenoid in this transmission...so what? That's not a diagnosis...that's someone selling you a product and showing you how to install it.

Replacing the linear solenoids (which are not really a common failure point) will not fix a bad valve body...often, the solenoid bore itself is worn and new solenoids are just as ineffective at managing the line pressure as the old ones due to the worn bore. The only fix for a worn bore is to drill out the bore and sleeve it. Tools and parts for that job (assuming that you're up for it) are about $300...add in the cost of rebuilding/replacing any worn solenoids, and it would have been cheaper to send the body out for a rebuild...

Sending the body out for a rebuild is what I've recommended to all those considering a solenoid swap/rebuild.

$450 is a reasonable price for the job...I paid $495 from Valve Body Builders in Ontario...as I wrote in my notes on replacing the valve body...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

FYI

If you purchased a valvebody from Reamman before (around) February of this year and the tranny started shifting funny again (after initially shifting perfect) you might have gotten a bad batch of solenoids installed. Apparently the washers their supplier provided were not the right ones and failed prematurely.

In my case the car shifted perfectly for a few months with zero garage shift delays and/or bumps and flares. Now I still have no flaring from 2-3 and 3-2 but garage shift delays are back exactly as they were before installing the new valvebody. I'm also having bumpy downshifts but mainly from 2 to 1. Since I have no flaring I assumed the sleeving on the channels was holding up fine but I it seemed that I was losing line pressure somewhere. After a few weeks of research I determined the symptoms appeared to be related to the solenoids. I called Reamman yesterday and they informed me about the bad washers and offered to send me a new set of solenoids and installation hardware. They are very friendly and helpful so I'm not too upset at the fact that I have to replace the solenoids.

I almost gave up on the tranny thinking it was on it's way out so I'm glad I called them.
    2002 Volvo V70XC
    2001 Volvo S40
    1993 Honda Accord EX
    1987 Volvo 244DX