Default Already bored...should I buy this

Since the 07 is essentially finished, I'm already bored with no personal projects to work on right now.
    I DON'T need this as I really don't drive much at night anymore but when I was young I always had some sort of driving lights on my cars.
    This well made, bolt on bar is available to me and I told the seller I would probably buy it, if nothing else because of the quality of it.
    Install would be a breeze, it bolts right in the existing bumper mounting holes, but in case I decide not to go ahead with the install on my car, I recall a thread where someone was asking about a light bar so if anyone may be interested ( in case I change my mind), let me know.

All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Is that the Randy Ellis design bar?

I am considering doing something similar with my newly acquired XC, because I do drive a fair amount at night and I am not ashamed to admit that I don't see as well as I did 30 years ago.

What does something like that cost?
    2004 Volvo C70 LT
    2002 Volvo V70 XC
    1987 Volkswagen Cabriolet

I don't know, this one is very slightly used
    Yes, RE design

2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

I actually really like this mounting bar better than the "bull bar" photos that are going around. The caps that cover what looks to be the mounting bolts; Are they just painted plastic?
    '05 Volvo XC70
    '99 Volvo V70

You tried to deny it before, but you are addicted to modifications, needed or not.

If you're bored, this will satisfy you for all of an hour. I think these bars always look out of place on an xc70. I wouldn't buy it.

Silly post.
    Anyhow, I bought it for a reasonable sum and if I decide I'm not going to use it, I'll post it for sale for someone who really wants/ needs a lightbar.
    The only reason stopping me is that it sticks out further than the bumper and while I've almost never tapped anyone in the front in my life, it will extend the front end by several inches with a pair of (probably) expensive lights subbing as the bumper!!

Another thing to consider, as far extending your bumper is concerned, is that if you ever hit a pedestrian, they're likely to be far more seriously injured by the light bar than the stock bumper. These light bars may make sense for off road use and impart a cool custom look, but there are tradeoffs.
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.

Default lighting up your nights

It would be great to see how this looks with a good set of driving lights mounted up. I too do not see very well at night and periodically contemplate working out some configuration to add after market lighting to better see where I'm going here in rural NH/ME. A couple of extra inches up front will not likely impose on anything other than parking and even just a shoe-horn situation. If worried about injury to a pedestrian because of a light bar, then I suggest you have significantly more to worry about than this light bar. This is a pretty clean look that I am certainly interested in, especially if you decide to re-list.

Um. It is awesome.

You're nuts if you live where I do (Yukon) and don't have a pair of driving lights mounted up... since it's dark here a good chunk of the winter. I got the RE bar, a set of Hellas from my local auto parts shop for about $100 and the Volvo OEM wiring harness, switch (and replacement dash switch plate cover with a couple of blanks) from Volvo of Dallas' wholesale parts website. Was a bit of a job routing the wiring without removing too many parts, but the end result was worth it.

But be aware, it's not a pull bar or anything you'd use to tow or use in any kind of capacity other than mounting lights. I've also got one of the volvo OEM light mounts that attaches via the licence plate holder, but it looks kinda lame (and requires drilling - which the RE bar does not).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	4341

Well I have it (or I will tomorrow). My friend picked it up for me, he's coming up my way tomorrow anyway so no shipping!
    Which Volvo harness did you buy?
    If you still have the part number that would be helpful