There has been some discussion lately about the differences between the XC70 and the V70 AWD. My new V70 AWD was shipped (not sure whether from the plant or from the port) this past Sunday, so I thought this an appropriate time to share what differences I expect to notice. I'll try to remember to report back after I have had the V70 AWD for a while to let y'all know if my expectations were on target.

1. Lower step-in/sit-down for V70 AWD than for XC70. I anticipate missing the XC70’s comfortable seat height for ingress and egress.

2. Lower driver’s vantage point for V70 AWD than for XC70. While I won’t be sitting up quite as high, I don’t think it will make much of a difference.

3. The V70 AWD’s lower center of gravity and lower profile, non all-terrain tires will give it better handling than the XC70.

4. The V70 AWD’s lower weight (3646 lbs vs. 3699 lbs) will give it slightly better acceleration than the XC70.

5. The V70 AWD’s smaller mirrors and lack of roof rack will give it lower wind noise than the XC70.

6. The V70 AWD’s all-season tires will give it lower road noise than the XC70’s Scorpions.

7. The V70 AWD will not be as good in snow as the XC70, primarily due to different tires. (Please refrain from lecturing me about snow tires; they are tough to implement in a financially sensible way when in a one-year lease.)

8. The V70 AWD will achieve better fuel economy than the XC70 due to many of the above-stated reasons.

9. I won't miss the XC70’s front fog lamps, console grab handle, "baseball-stitched" leather, greater ground clearance, or Geartronic transmission with Auto-Stick.

10.  I might miss the XC70’s larger exterior rear-view mirrors.

11. I will miss the XC70’s lower monthly payment.