Default DTSC or Haldex Gen 3?

This may be an esoteric academic question but I'm curious about the responses. I don't imagine there is a "correct" answer.

Which would you prefer? A 2005 w/ DTSC and the DTSC defeat button or a 2006 w/out DTSC but with the Haldex Gen 3 instant traction?

Assume all else is equal.

Snow, deep at times, is the primary reason for either feature.

Edit: my inexperienced opinion is that DTSC is a more useful feature.
    Last edited by mapper; 04-23-2012 at 02:36 PM.

DSTC over IT.
    The difference between 05 and 06 haldex is 1/5 front wheel turn before full torque apply or 1/8 wheel turn before the same. Not a big deal at all. More of an issue with the V8 in XC90 since it might chirp tires with its greater immediate torque.

DSTC could save someone's life if they make a steering correction error in a skid. That is if it ever skids with the preventative actions of DSTC.

if in deep snow you want to be ablevto defeat Traction Control to eliminate tye wheels from braking due to spinning, otherwise yiu just stop.
    I know, .i forgot to turn DSTC OFF in my 2003 XC70 and it just sat there after I encountered a drift on a snowmobile trail I was on.
    In practise in deep snow, there is an impreceptable difference between Haldex and Haldex I.T when starting out. I have vehicles with bith gens of Haldexabd have tested each in over 12" of packed snow. Each will go but I haven't tested an IT without DSTC to make a valid comparison.-Dick
    Last edited by budrichard; 04-24-2012 at 05:17 AM.
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

DSTC hands down, though I believe that (in addition to improved response rates Cattlecar mentions) Haldex 3 also transfers torque more quickly. A small improvement to an already good all wheel drive system isn't worth nearly as much as having active yaw control. Not only will it save you in an accident, but it is also highly useful when driving on curvy roads in slippery conditions.
    2007 Volvo XC70 | Silver / Black | Premium & Climate Packages, Steel Cargo Barrier, Cargo Cover, Trailer Hitch, Parrot Bluetooth, USA SPEC iPod Adapter, 4-Way Pioneer Door Speakers