Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volvo Secrets

Great secrets, love the walk me home lights..didn't even know there were lights under the mirrors! also messed with the DTCM stuff. Alot of it said ready or "checking" what does the "checking" mean it never said anything else but "checking" Like the one I was watching was TCM Checking...Does that mean somthing is wrong with the TCM or is it just constantly checking the TCM?
    Cyrus

Question on the walk me home lights. I press the yellow button on fob to light the courtesy lights. My lights on the underside of my mirror never light. Is this a setting in the car somewhere?
    1987 Volvo 740 - White (gone)
    2005 Volvo V50 - Radio Flyer, aka Lil' Red Wagon(hers)
    2007 Volvo XC70 - Ice White (his)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipsOnIce View Post
    Question on the walk me home lights. I press the yellow button on fob to light the courtesy lights. My lights on the underside of my mirror never light. Is this a setting in the car somewhere?
    Check to see if the bulbs are good and the wiring is OK. The wiring for these lights gets pretty crundgy in there so there could be a bad connection as well.

Have fun,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

2007 XC70 doesn't have the light under mirrors...
    2007 XC70
    2004 S60 2.5T AWD

That is correct

Yep, I found that out when I reached under there this morning. Interesting, because the wife's 2 yr older V50 does have them. I guess I assumed the 70 did also.

So that begs the question - Does this make the '07 without puddle lights more manly than the earlier ones?
    1987 Volvo 740 - White (gone)
    2005 Volvo V50 - Radio Flyer, aka Lil' Red Wagon(hers)
    2007 Volvo XC70 - Ice White (his)

A manly thing would be not to drop anything in the puddle, thus not needing light

2000 Silver V70 XC SE - 153,000 miles and counting...
    Mostly stock - IPD HD TCV - IPD HD coils

2007 went to the turn signals in the mirrors and removed the puddle lights as not many people ever used them. Heck, not many ever know they were there!

For the 2007, there are electronically folding mirrors available as an accessory; these includes puddle lights.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...ent/VCC-425312

And while I never used them for seeing puddles, I lived in a cheap ghetto-like neighborhood in college. I thought I saw movement in our driveway (behind the row house in the alley) one night and hit the approach lights button for my 2001 V70 XC, which lit up a person crouched down by my driver's side door. I assume it is actually my housemate's car they were looking at, since he was an idiot and kept his GPS, iPod, etc. in the car in plain view all the time. So they do have uses to some people. Fortunately, I no longer live in a situation where I would feel they were useful.
    2007 Volvo XC70 | Silver / Black | Premium & Climate Packages, Steel Cargo Barrier, Cargo Cover, Trailer Hitch, Parrot Bluetooth, USA SPEC iPod Adapter, 4-Way Pioneer Door Speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12