Default Driveshaft joint- ball bearing (re)assembly

While reinstalling the driveshaft the cap fell off the rear joint and a couple bearings fell out. After trying for 45 minutes to reassemble the joint I'm taking a break and hoping someone can explain the joint assembly. I put in fresh grease. Now I wish I had left them alone. Perhaps the cap wouldn't have popped off. Assistance is certainly appreciated!

In my 14 odd years of fooling around with these I've never seen or heard of that happening, it's sealed!
    We're you messing with it?
    EDIT
    Oh I see you did. This is not for you to re-grease yourself

I posted recently on another thread that I experienced the same issue when removing my prop shaft a year ago. The end cap was rusted into the VC housing and it separated when I yanked on it to remove the shaft. All the balls came out onto the garage floor. I got another shaft and still have the separated one. I suppose that the repair service in CO could still use it for a core, I dunno. Whether it would work OK by adding new grease and putting it back together is sure a stretch.

The way I see it if it simply fell apart it shouldn't be difficult to reassemble. I don't mind cleaning everything and adding new grease. There is no reason why adding fresh grease will harm anything. It's the whole popping apart after the fact that is causing the dilemma. The front joint is still holding together. I guess I need to know what type of joint it is so that I can search how to assemble. What is it called?

It is a Constant Velocity type joint (CV joint).
    Usually the balls will not come out unless the outer housing is turned 30 degrees but with worn balls, inner knuckle and outer housing it will let them fall out much easier.
    There likely is a posted photo how-to on CV joints somewhere.
    WHen the balls have come out or when I purposely dismantled one completely, I had to turn the knuckle and housing and put the balls in one pair (180 opposed ball pair) at a time with the last of the three pairs being the hardest as the mobility decreases a lot with the second pair being installed.

Thank you. I will give it a shot first chance I get!

I am now able to insert the ball bearings into the knuckle or cage but I cannot seat them all in the housing and install the cover. It seams as though the knuckle may have to be centered (not angled) and then perhaps pressed straight down to seat the ball bearings. When I attempt to seat the ball bearings with the knuckle at an angle a couple may fully enter the housing but the others will not. Any further pointers?