Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

GUESS WHAT? It happened to me! Went to fill up and the flap would not disengage. Went to the dealership and they showed me the words Barry Quoted, we did it and it unlocked. Mr Westlake, look in your manual under 'Light Switch Panel', page 34 in the US manual. What a crock of crap! Cost me two hours today. Was on my way to pick up my Bordeaux futures for the 2000 vintage. Eventually got them. What next will happen with this vehicle? -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Arrow Imported post

No, nothing in my manual, but then again maybe it’s hidden somewhere under the chapter “Audio system HU-803”, like press the “RND” button for 3 seconds for emergency unlock of the fuel filler door.

Anyhow thanks for the info. Dick, I hope your problems with the car have ended now or next time use the hammer.

Take care and cheer up!

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barrysharp @ Jan. 30 2003,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NOTE: If the fuel filler door does not unlock after the button has been pressed, drive the car at a speed of at least 5 mph (8 km/h), stop the car, and press the button again. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    budrichard

&nbsp;How far should one travel? &nbsp;A few feet or a few miles? &nbsp;Such problems will definitely irritate me too. &nbsp;

&nbsp;I am now beginning to wonder if the entire luxury car industry is really for early adopters of technology and not about luxury anymore.

Purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

combustion wrote:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only problem I have had with the fuel door is not knowing what side it is on. The xc is the only car ive driven without the arrow in the heads-up. When you drive more than 1 car you get confused[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

combustion: I posted a topic on this very subject -- the gas filler door is on the same side as is your fuel gauge in the driver&#39;s dash console. That is, the fuel gauge is on the right and so is the fuel filler door -- problem solved.

My &#39;86 Volvo wagon has gas filler door on left and it&#39;s fuel gauge is on left. My wife&#39;s Volvo S80 has fuel gauge on right and the fuel filler door is on right.

I no longer have trouble knowing which side of the gas pump to park on
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Puruth, I traveled about 30 feet.
    Barry my 99XC has the fuel gauge on the left side of the dash and filler on the right side of the vehicle in contrast to my 87 740 and 2003 XC. -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Unhappy Fuel door fell off (unrecovered)

Folks...

After having a faulty fuel lock catch (stopped working and no longer could secure the fuel door) I unfortunately lost my fuel filler door somewhere on the road...it's gone!

So, it looks like I am in need of 3 things now:
    #1 A replacement fuel hatch door
    #2 A new hinge
    #3 A new fuel lock mechanism

I have seen in other threads that the hinges can come from a dealer or aftermarket source, and I am sure I can get the electronic latch as well.

Question is this: Does the fuel door come painted from the dealer or is it in some type of matte primer finish and need to have an auto body tech paint it to match my car?

Anyone have an idea of the cost of these 3 items? I read that the hinge runs $10-$15 depending on the source. What about the locking mechanism and the fuel door itself? Anyone out there purchase these items recently and have a price? (BTW...already checked eBay today and no luck on any fuel filler doors at all, much less one in the aqua/teal color I need.) Maybe I'll check some salvage yards for one the right color. This car is in great shape, but 6+ yrs old and almost 150k miles - I don't need a 100% perfect color match like I would want on a newer model vehicle. If it's slightly off and barely noticeable, I can live with that.

Thanks in advance!
    ~Chad

UPDATE: Ordered a new one from a dealer in Texas who shipped it with all parts after painting it to match my color code. Cost about $125 and it worked out great.
    Last edited by CWL2373; 07-19-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12