Thread: Auto up inop

Default Auto up inop

Having weird issue with drive door module. Noticed a week ago the auto up function on the drivers window stopped working, passenger side works from drivers and passenger side.

Now having complete failure of driver door switch module, ie no power. Seems to be in the plug at aft end. After removing and repluging the plug on aft end works for a day or two. Haven't dug into much other than cleaning and bending contacts slightly thinking one or more was making bad contact. Wiggled wires and can not duplicate fault.

The auto up issue has me stumped. The other one is obviously loose wire broken wire.

Ideas???

Jeremy
    2001 V70XC, 2K V70, '87 740 TI Wagon 325K+! (what are the chances of the XC making it to 325K?)

I recently got some water (melted snow) in my driver's side switch assembly and I've been having a similar issue. If I hold up on the switch for about a second it will work, but if I pull up on it and let go right away it acts as if there is an obstruction and goes back down a second later. I haven't really investigated further. I may just need to disassemble the driver's window switch and hit it with some contact cleaner and then some water repelling electrical silicone. IPDUSA has replacements, search for P/N 30658116, pretty pricey though.
    2014 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Sport: Stock for now
    2009 Scion tC 5M: True Ram-Air with K&N Filter, JVTR Header, Raceland Exhaust with AR25 Resonator, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood and Hatch, HIDs.
    1998 Olds Cutlass GLS 4A: K&N Short Ram, P&P TB, Custom Exhaust, Enkei MM2 Ultralight 18's.
    1997 Suzuki Sidekick JLX Sport: 3 inch Lift with Long Travel Shocks, larger tires, and Dash mounted CB Radio.

Got used door module off of "Flea Bay", all is good even the auto up/dn works. Bummer having my windows roll down on their own when I was no where near. Good thing the three times it happened it was dry.
    Jeremy
    2001 V70XC, 2K V70, '87 740 TI Wagon 325K+! (what are the chances of the XC making it to 325K?)