Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question VIDA 2010D Installation Failure

Hi, Gang:

A while back (a couple of months now) I purchased a DICE/VIDA package from a vendor on eBay. I have been unsuccessful at installing the VIDA 2010D software on three different notebook computers, the most recent one being a brand new ASUS XE53E series running Windows 7 Home Premium that I purchased just yesterday expressly for this purpose. I keep getting a message saying that my "system does not meet one or more of VIDA's requirements" and that "this installation will be aborted".

This is giving me fits!

Is there anyone out there with any ideas?

My deceased '01 above.
    She gave up her life to save mine!

Jim Wickstrom, W1IK
    Owner, Chief Engineer
    Surge Performance Sound
    Eastpointe (Metro Detroit) MI
    2nd Owner '03 XC70
    Ash Gold/Beige, >145,000 mi.

Quote Originally Posted by surgesound View Post
    Hi, Gang:

A while back (a couple of months now) I purchased a DICE/VIDA package from a vendor on eBay. I have been unsuccessful at installing the VIDA 2010D software on three different notebook computers, the most recent one being a brand new ASUS XE53E series running Windows 7 Home Premium that I purchased just yesterday expressly for this purpose. I keep getting a message saying that my "system does not meet one or more of VIDA's requirements" and that "this installation will be aborted".

This is giving me fits!

Isn't it also telling you what the deficiency is?

I set up 2010D on my iMac with a VM set up with 2G memory and running Win7 Ultimate. I also set it up on an old Dell running Win 7 Ultimate that also has 2G RAM and a 1.6gHz single core processor. Interestingly the 2010 recommended setup is a 1.6 dual core with more than 4G RAM running Win 7 Pro. In both cases, VIDA installed without drama.

If you are running at least this level of hardware, I'd bet that it's your Win 7 version that is getting on the way.

Good Luck,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Is the current version of VIDA compatible with IE9? I know my '05 copy of VADIS is not. Try going back to IE8.

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    Is the current version of VIDA compatible with IE9? I know my '05 copy of VADIS is not. Try going back to IE8.
    FWIW, I'm running VIDA 2010D with Win7 Ultimate and IE9, on a Parallels VM setup to a roughly minimal hardware spec. Works pretty well for the most part.

I also run 2011A on a minimal 5-year old Dell with Win7 Ultimate and IE9 no problem.

In both cases, I also have very little else installed since I no longer use the Windows environment much beyond VIDA, MicroCat for my Land Rover, my Garmin stuff and a few other PC-only apps. My point being I really don't have much to interact with each other in a negative way or to slow things down.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'02 V70XC-gone @393K kms

I also think your problem is your OS.

VIDA will run on WinXP or win 7 but it has to be the PRO version or ultimate, it won't run on the HOME version.

The PRO version has extra files that are required for networking and stuff, thus vida won't install on win7 home.
    Last edited by jda2000; 10-07-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    John, '01 V70 T5
    '04 V70 2.5T

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by billr99 View Post
    Isn't it also telling you what the deficiency is?

I set up 2010D on my iMac with a VM set up with 2G memory and running Win7 Ultimate. I also set it up on an old Dell running Win 7 Ultimate that also has 2G RAM and a 1.6gHz single core processor. Interestingly the 2010 recommended setup is a 1.6 dual core with more than 4G RAM running Win 7 Pro. In both cases, VIDA installed without drama.

If you are running at least this level of hardware, I'd bet that it's your Win 7 version that is getting on the way.

Good Luck,

Bill
    Oddly, Bill, there is NO indication of just what the specific deficiency is. I have seen in other threads here reports of people making it work on systems running WIN XP and with fewer resources that I have, but there is obviously something different in those cases, and/or something I'm missing here. I have even put in a plea with the e-bay vendor (in China) for help, but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

I hate to think that I'm going to need to spend even more money to upgrade my OS to Pro or Ultimate just to see if that solves anything.
    I already feel like I'm hemorrhaging cash over this little experiment already.

Thanks for your input, and wish me luck!

My deceased '01 above.
    She gave up her life to save mine!

Jim Wickstrom, W1IK
    Owner, Chief Engineer
    Surge Performance Sound
    Eastpointe (Metro Detroit) MI
    2nd Owner '03 XC70
    Ash Gold/Beige, >145,000 mi.

Oddly, Bill, there is NO indication of just what the specific deficiency is. I have seen in other threads here reports of people making it work on systems running WIN XP and with fewer resources that I have, but there is obviously something different in those cases, and/or something I'm missing here. I have even put in a plea with the e-bay vendor (in China) for help, but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

I hate to think that I'm going to need to spend even more money to upgrade my OS to Pro or Ultimate just to see if that solves anything.
    I already feel like I'm hemorrhaging cash over this little experiment already.

Thanks for your input, and wish me luck!
    Like I said, my wife's Dell that I use to hook to my DiCE is about as minimal as it gets. Its a 5 year-old Celeron 1.6 with only 2G RAM so it doesn't take much on the hardware standpoint as long as you stay with 2010D or older. I know its a hassle to change but a try with WinXP might be the most expedient answer as this point if you can't track down an affordable Win7 upgrade. BTW, when you go to install VIDA, just go for it and don't customize the install at all. I have found there are some things that can be changed that will blow you out of the water.

Good luck,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'02 V70XC-gone @393K kms

With this Vida you all bought off ebay did you buy a scanner that can plug into your usb so you can scan codes properly?? How exactly does this work? I would pay for this in a second if I could run all the specific codes for my volvo

'05 XC70
    -Pioneer Avic F700bt headunit
    -12 inch Alpine Type R Sub
    -Flat Black Pegs
    -Custom Tinted Windows
    -Custom Mesh Grille
    -OBX Catback Exhaust
    -IPD Silicone Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by n00bkiller944 View Post
    With this Vida you all bought off ebay did you buy a scanner that can plug into your usb so you can scan codes properly?? How exactly does this work? I would pay for this in a second if I could run all the specific codes for my volvo
    VIDA works with DiCE to communicate with your Volvo. In other words, VIDA is the software frontend with DiCE being the hardware interface between the computer carrying VIDA and the car. So all the parts are in fact a "scanner" and if any of the parts are missing you aren't scanning anything. VIDA also provides the function of a parts catalog and repair procedures library.

So if you buy a DiCE off eBay or AliEXpress, they usually throw in a copy of VIDA with it so that you have a complete package that enables you to scan your car and perform some corrective measures and customer parameter changes. You cannot update any software with the package without going a bit further and buying a subscription from Volvo. This subscription then provides you with the password and the instruction to communicate with the Volvo mothership.

A pretty brief explanation but hopefully you get the general idea. There is more information on the whole process on the Swedespeed, Volvospeed, and Matthews Volvo Site forums that you might find of interest.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'02 V70XC-gone @393K kms

Hi, Gang:

This is giving me fits!

XP Pro or 7 Pro only. those are requirement beside at least 2GB or higher of RAM, a minimum of 40GB HDD IE7 or higher, I also believe that your processor has to be specific for that purpose, when I had my VIDA DICE I first tried it on Dell Inspiron 6000, with win XP home, this failed, I then installed XP pro with 250GB on HDD, installed VIDA DICE and had no troubles. Got my vida dice from Ebay by a Chinese seller, had to send me more CDs for installation for the original one was failing. I now have the whole package on my home built PC and on my laptop working perfectly. if you like PM me I'll send you new install Links.
    1998 V70 187K miles and counting,now sold
    2002 VW GTI 1.8 T My sweet baby
    2002 V70 XC 158K miles sold
    2005 V70 XC 98Kk miles Newly aquired

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast