Default Transmission flush on a 2007

Let me say first that I have read the Gibbons Method thread many times-I successfully performed a flush on a 2001 several years ago but I am hesitating on my recently acquired 2007. Here is my quandry:
    If I pull the transmission drain plug how do I add fluid back to the transmission-there is no dipstick tube on this year? Can I use a funnel and add it through the return line that I remove at the radiator? How do I know I have the correct amount of fluid in the transmission-is it by measuring what comes out and duplicating that amount? The old fluid looks pretty dark at 55,000 miles but the transmission operates fine.

I did do a search, Honest!

As you were! I just found the dipstick! Hidden behind the intake hose and underneath the lower rad hose--what a clever idea!
    This after searching the engine compartment many times and looking through the handbook. Flush in progress...

For the info of those in B.C. Lordco Autoparts stocks the Mobil 3309 and if you talk to them nicely you might get it for the $6 a litre I did... $9 a litre at Canadian Tire right now.
    Last edited by davidbir; 04-25-2012 at 05:20 PM.

DAvid,

It's easier to drain the fluid by disconnecting the lower transmission cooling line (where it connects to the radiator) and pump out the fluid 2 qts at a time.

You top it up using the dipstick tube and a small funnel.

Replace the o-rings, replace the green connector when you are finished.

Andres

$9 a litre at Canadian Tire right now.
    Canadian Tire sells a 5L jug for $30 normally too, and I think for the week starting tomorrow ATF should be 20% off...

For those interested i found a perfect funnel at canadian tire. It has a great length of hose, has a valve to stop/slow flow, & gradiations so you can exactly put in the volume you desire. Even the end fits almost exactly in the dip stick tube.

David

I bought exactly that funnel at Walmart. Worked perfectly.