Default no flashing hazzards when I lock doors

So today I had my windshield replaced. Now, when I lock the car (with the key toggle) the doors lock, but the hazards don't flash. The little red light on the dash is blinking, which I guess is a sign that the alarm is activated, right?

Any ideas why the hazards aren't blinking though? Could they/would they have disconnected something today when replacing the windshield.

(2007 XC70)

Nevermind.... hood appeared to be shut tight, but when I opened it and closed it, it fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chinapat View Post
    the doors lock, but the hazards don't flash. The little red light on the dash is blinking, which I guess is a sign that the alarm is activated, right? (2007 XC70)
    I think the flashing lights indicate that the alarm is active. I always look at them to be sure.
    If not, I don't think the alarm is active, certainly not fully active.
    I think that the LED also flashes when only the immobilizer is active.
    It should be easy to test though. Open the hood, and lock the car with a window opened.
    Then bring your (waving) hand in the car through the open window. See (or rather hear) what happens
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I think the flashing lights indicate that the alarm is active. I always look at them to be sure.
    If not, I don't think the alarm is active, certainly not fully active.
    I think that the LED also flashes when only the immobilizer is active.
    It should be easy to test though. Open the hood, and lock the car with a window opened.
    Then bring your (waving) hand in the car through the open window. See (or rather hear) what happens
    Willy
    THANK YOU!! I just got my first deer with my 01 XC70. The deer lost. I noticed the lock lights weren't flashing and was going thru the fuses with no luck. Replaced the 5 amp fuse for the alarm. Now all I need is a new hood and fender

I am sorry to hear about the deer and the damage to your car! I would keep an eye on the alarm since fuses
    seldom blow without a cause. The sirene module is known to fail due to water damage in the module itself.
    The module is located in the right front wheel well. Symptoms can also be knispering sounds resembling
    static discharge noise coming from the front right side of the car, even when the car is completely shut down.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)