Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phantom Mirrors

Default Imported post

Confusing isn't it? I was also confused by the thing when we got our XC. I used this little "receipe" just to get a good and clear picture.

1- With YOUR remote, unlock the car, sit in and close the door.
    2- Start the engine (just to make sure you get plenty of time to make all adjustments)
    3- Using YOUR seat memory button, if it is already programmed, put seat and mrrors at your specs.
    4- Stop the engine, get out of your car and lock the doors.
    5- Now, still with YOUR key fob, unlock it and open the driver's door. Neither seat nor mirror should move. If it moves you have a problem...

Lock the car again with YOUR remote and redo the same thing (1 to 5) with Mrs' remote. You should get the same results, as for neither seat or mirrors should move at point 5.

The remote is supposed to remember seat and mirror positions at lock time, whichever technique you used to set them, manually or by using memory buttons. In other words, "remote memory" does not relate to memory buttons.

Hope it helps, at least to diagnose...

Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Raynald @ Dec. 05 2003,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Confusing isn&#39;t it? &nbsp;[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No, not really. I understand entirely. I understood all this information, and did everything you suggest, before beginning the discussion. It just does not address the specific problem. &nbsp;

Some well intentioned responders such as yourself are apparently confusing my problem with a failure to understand how the system is supposed to work. I believe that thorough reading of my posts will reveal that is not the case. &nbsp;
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.

Default Imported post

Pennhaven, I was only suggesting that if it&#39;s not working as it should in &quot;the receipe&quot;, don&#39;t search anymore... You have a problem to be solved by your dealer, hopefully under warranty .
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

Default Imported post

Agree with Pennhaven....the defect seems somewhat random, I haven&#39;t found a pattern yet....JF
    Present drives:
    2009 Volvo XC70 T6 w/Blis, Premium, Climate, Nav
    2008 Audi TT 6MT
    2004 Audi A4 6MT Ultrasport

Past Volvos:
    1988 240 DL Wagon
    1993 940 Wagon
    1998 XC
    2004 XC70, premium, touring, xenon, HU-803, DSTC, Xenia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12