Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UK speed cameras in RTI

Having just got some upgaded disks for my RTI and looking at the Tech spec it refers to UK speed cameras as being in the database.
    I have driven past speed cameras and not seen or heard anything, also I cannot find a menu item to enable, can anyone advise what they are and how to use them?
    Barry

I have them showing on my current discs (they appear quite clearly and you'll also get a coloured 'xxMPH' as you approach to warn you).

I'll update this a bit later when I find how I enabled it.

Hunted through all the menus but cannot find it.
    Barry

I 'signed up' for 2 Updates for the DVD's for the RTI system which it appears you have received 'Number 1'.

My only gripe with them is that the Speed Cameras are being added to each and every month and although you can get updates to them from a Point of Interest website they cannot be added to or replaced in the Volvo RTI system which makes them about as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

There is a certain 'inflexibility' about the Volvo RTI system that for the £1500 it cost not long ago as an 'extra' but is now embedded in the total price as 'FREE' would have been better left on the shelf and a Garmin or Tom Tom purchased and used in it's place.

Sorry for the late reply.
    To find the Speed camera settings, you need to go to;
    Main settings
    Guidance settings
    Facility Warning (turn to ON).

Sounds interesting -

Which version of the disks have you guys got, please?
    The last four characters before the disk number is the easiest, e.g.
    "0920 DVD A"

Thanks.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Sounds interesting -

Which version of the disks have you guys got, please?
    The last four characters before the disk number is the easiest, e.g.
    "0920 DVD A"

Thanks.
    Mike

On the current set I have which came with the motor it reads:
    "1022 DVD A, B, C & D"

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by robbiemc View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.
    To find the Speed camera settings, you need to go to;
    Main settings
    Guidance settings
    Facility Warning (turn to ON).
    Thanks for that,
    I found the settings and changed the 'Off' to 'On' but it will not kick in till we get into Europe.

I will be travelling with a full load in the rear and swapping the DVD is a PITA when you depart UK as it is only on DVD 'B'!

For Europe (Germany & more East) you have to take everything out of the boot, lift the covers, swap the DVD, drop the covers then re-pack everything again.

I decided to just kick off on the other side of the Channel, with the relevant DVD which for me this time is 'D'.

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    Mike

On the current set I have which came with the motor it reads:
    "1022 DVD A, B, C & D"

Ian

Ian, thanks for that.
    I had hoped that Navteq would update the maps more than once per year. I'll save my hard earned cash until May when the next version may come out. A bit daft really, as they are well out of date when published!

Thinks -
    Haven't these units got a hard disk in them nowadays. If so, they should be at least 300Gb - assuming that whoever makes them is a bit behind technology. Soo - there should be loads of room for multiple DVDs to be stored.

Anyone tried it?
    I'm guessing that NA sets cover more than one DVD.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Ian, thanks for that.
    I had hoped that Navteq would update the maps more than once per year. I'll save my hard earned cash until May when the next version may come out. A bit daft really, as they are well out of date when published!

Thinks -
    Haven't these units got a hard disk in them nowadays. If so, they should be at least 300Gb - assuming that whoever makes them is a bit behind technology. Soo - there should be loads of room for multiple DVDs to be stored.

Anyone tried it?
    I'm guessing that NA sets cover more than one DVD.
    Hi Mike,

Sadly unlike my 20Gb Hard Drive Tom Tom there is no hard drive so no memory in the Volvo RTI hence you have to stuff in the appropriate DVD depending where you are, but as the DVD's are 'Read Only' then you cannot input a 'Points of Interest' (POI) file for say Campsites or Fuel Stations!

I have also found that any Itinerary with more than 7 places cannot be accomodated whereas my latest Itinerary in the Tom Tom has 45 places all in as Destinations for the next trip into Europe.

Instead of having to swap DVD's, if I wanted to I could go from home to Moscow with just some touch screen taps on the Tom Tom, however the Volvo RTI would require 3 DVD changes and constant GPS input for the next destination.
    Input via the push buttons and joystick being on the back of the steering wheel is at times a bloody nightmare, especially with the engine off and then after 10 Minutes you get a LOW BATTERY warning message appears!!

I can get weekly map updates or corrections for the Tom Tom but have to wait as you say 6 Months for any updates to the Volvo RTI, and by that time the information is 'Old Hat' again!

Sorry, £1500 was the price as an option of the Volvo RTI until they decided to give it away, but as there is no such thing as a 'Free Lunch' then this extremely expensive piece of kit is a true Dinosaur in the technology of today!

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast