Default 01 v70 tranny issues

Help, we purchased an 01 v70 xc at115,00 miles and it has been in the shop more than at home. Mechanic "certified Volvo " has replaced shift position sensor, ecm, wireing harness and done full service and software upgrades. Car runs fine, but it seems after a couple of weeks at home it gives the "transmission service required" light and goes into limp mode, sometimes the shift position indicator lights on the dash will go out and it is replaced by a (-) sign. I have had the car taken by rollback and driven it back. This all seems a big hassle. I am starting to wonder about the mechanic as well as the car. Any self help suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I have been in the automotive industry for over 30 years and am quite capable with most diagnostic and repairs, but this car is a new breed for me.
    Donnie6636

The odds are 95% that you will need a transmission (3500-$5000!)

Search for 2001 transmission issues almost anywhere on the web

If you have any recourse now would be the time to use it.

What does "mechanic certified Volvo" supposed to mean?

or...
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18221

Means he has been an authorized volvo repair facility who works with the dealership as well. The computer readings keep comeing back that the tranny is not at fault. Also, I was told you should be able to manually shift vehicle if it goes into limp mode, I have not found this to be the case.I have not tried to change the fluids, but I paid for a full service the second time it was in. The longest it has lasted for us is 3 weeks.
    Getting very frustrated and wife is beyond frustrated with this.