Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post good for 16 year old boy?

heyy guys im 16 an i was wondering if the xc90 would be a good car for me. i was looking for a v8 but ive been reading around an a lot of people say that the 2.5 is good enough. im basically juss gonna be driving it to school. is the 2.5 good? how about reliability for both engines? i have read enough to kno that the i6 is the worst engine. Thnkkss for all response!

Way too expensive of a car, and what do you want a station wagon for? Almost
    as bad as a mini-van....
    2000 F350, 4x4, Crewcab, 7.3L Turbo Powerstroke Diesel
    2005 XC90 2.5T OSD 06/2005

Well, I think first you need not to type here in huge font and learn to spell before you get any car.
    As for your question, I don't know any 16 yr old who would want a Volvo SUV for a car

its not a station wagon lol.. well the one my mom and i are considering is a 05 v8 for about 16k.. i think it has about 80k miles.. that sound like a good deal? i liked the truck ever since it came out haha...

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Well, I think first you need not to type here in huge font and learn to spell before you get any car.
    As for your question, I don't know any 16 yr old who would want a Volvo SUV for a car
    well i think i can spell however i choose to! and put it in any size i want... i want the volvo cuz its nicee to me an my mom wants me to be safe whn im driving an the volvo is very safe...

Then get something a bit more sporty like a S30....

Yes the xc90 is a station wagon (step back and look at a wagon and the xc90).
    No it isnt a truck, it is car based like most SUV's. A raised '79 Ford Pinto wagon would
    fit in the same "truck" category as a xc90...
    2000 F350, 4x4, Crewcab, 7.3L Turbo Powerstroke Diesel
    2005 XC90 2.5T OSD 06/2005

I'm 16, and I kinda want an xc70 for the ground clearance and awd. And the wagon part would come in handy for camping and stuff. But at the same time I want an S60 T5
    2001 V70XC (132K)
    1993 940 (247K)
    2002 S60 T5M (200K)

Quote Originally Posted by dmd View Post
    Then get something a bit more sporty like a S30....

Yes the xc90 is a station wagon (step back and look at a wagon and the xc90).
    No it isnt a truck, it is car based like most SUV's. A raised '79 Ford Pinto wagon would
    fit in the same "truck" category as a xc90...
    well to me its an SUV lol. i only like the xc90.

Default A little bit of courtesy goes a long way...

I've was a lurker of this forum for quite a few years before finally joining. What impressed me was the generosity of valuable information freely given just for the asking. But, as in life, meet the other party halfway you can come away with positive results.

"Dissing" the senior gurus (who have decades of experience under their belts) won't get you answers. A little bit of honey works better than vinegar...they're actually quite nice...

I've had Volvos for over 16 years and have come to rely on these forums for information and second opinions. I hope you find the vehicle you want. With the guidance of other experienced owners, you should be able to maintain your car of choice for many years to come. Good luck!

PS They're probably testing the "cub".

I like my 2004 2.5t. I could think of a lot worse vehicles to put a 16 year old in. The 2.5 has a nice amount of power and mpg. The AWD system is not for 4x4 off road stuff in my opinion. It works fine in the rain and typical Southern Ohio snow. But it's no Land Rover or Audi quattro system. You can get stuck. Driving across a field is fine- slogging mud, not good.

Have you considered a recent Subaru or maybe Audi Allroad for the ride height?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast