Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: XC Roll Call!

Hey everyone. Got my 2000 XC70 SE last night. It's dark olive green I think. I've always wanted the next body style but this one will do just fine for $1,500 at 125,000 miles. I put about half a tank in earlier and noticed the smell of gas and puddle of gas after being parked for 30 minutes. Taking to a mechanic for that and the abs traction light combo in the morning. Wish me luck.

Hey All,

My name is Tom and I am a new forum member. After losing my first Volvo (1988 240GL) in a break-up many years ago, I today purchased my second Volvo, an 2005 XC70 with 110,000 miles. I had a tech at local independent Volvo repair (owned by my next door neighbor) check it out prior to purchase. My fix-it list includes upper spring seats immediately and front and rear brake rotors when I have the brake pads replaced. I also need to use some restoration juice on the bumpers (Forever Black maybe). I'm hoping for many happy years on my XC with the help of everyone here. Thanks for the great community resource.

mine is a 2004 Ruby, OSD June 2003, 199,000 fun miles on it now!
    Service at local dealer: Serafini in Vestal NY, great mechanic!
    Just returned from Volvo Club event in Vermont and had a GREAT time.
    '04 Ruby, sand, prem pkg, tour pkg, xenon, DST, xenia wheels, OSD

xcrubygal,

Are you talking about Mark at Serafini? I had a really strange set of problems a couple years ago with our AWD S80 and he was great at tracing the problem.
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

After 30+ years of car buying I have a Volvo in the drive. 2001 V 70 XC Venetian Red pearl. I think I got a good deal @ $700 with 173K miles. Only thing it really needs is a driver fender. I have found a great deal of info here so I joined.

New to the forum and Volvos in general; I love the XC's styling but I am concerned that my purchase of a 2001 with 127,000 might have been hasty (?) I too have the angle gear issue, and bought a 2002 donor car (blown head gasket) to aid in the repairs. On further inspection of donor car, I learned it either has a bad DIM (I replaced bulbs to check) or additional problems that lead to the blown head gasket; so following the threads has been very insightful, albeit worrisome, as I seem to have the "bad year" car...but I will keep reading!

I am thankful for the members comments and solutions, as they have pointed me in the right direction and hopefully will allow me to keep the vehicle reliable for a few years.

Finally posting here after a few years of quiet lurking.
    My second XC makes it my fourth Volvo. A Silver 2002 V70XC with 108K miles.
    Graphite interior is in great shape with clean carpets and zero defects to the leather.

Just completed Stage-0 after driving 181 miles since purchase to feel her out.
    Really love the lines of the P2 over the P80 and I've had a lot of folks ask me about the car, which always feels good.

2001 XC70
    Dark Blue
    Beige interior.
    I don't know the packages but the car seems to have a lot of extras
    Rear cargo screen
    Rear cargo retractable cover
    Factory GPS
    Built in child seat
    Winter switch on tranny
    AM/FM cassette/CD with 6 CD changer in rear wheel well

The car has 208,000 miles and uses just 1 quart of oil between changes. I'm 6'4" and fit very comfortably, I love the car!

How all! New to the Forum and soon a "new to me" 2004 XC70 with 186k miles will be in the driveway. Being practical to a fault, all my life, I've wanted a wagon since I could drive. I found my new XC70 at a local dealer that has been used as a loaner vehicle by them for years. The high mileage concerned me, but after they let me take it home for a day, and after some test driving, I'm confident I can get many more miles of fun out of this vehicle, and use the collective knowledge of the forum to keep the wheels rolling. Thanks and looking forward to being part of the forum.

Fairly new to this forum so I'd figure I'd check in. I own a beautiful, but not flawless fully painted, blue 01 XC70. Near fully loaded with with only 83k on the clock. Sadly she was the victim of poor maintenance, so after a piston detonated she's out till I put a new motor in. However, I've decided to give her the motor she deserves, so an R motor, a bunch of bolt-ons and a tune is in the way=) Maybe even an m66 when I get enough saved up.
    Awesome forum by the way! allot of very helpful people here=)