Default Imported post

I MAY be buying a car from a Don Beyer Dealership in Virginia.  Has anyone dealt with them?  How is their service?  Were you able to get them to lower their asking price at all? I'm looking at a 2002 V70XC with everything except the navigation package, and they've quoted my &#3638,500.  Is that reasonable?

Default Imported post

Check out my post - got mine for &#3637,850. But it doesn't have the third row seat aka "Versatility Package"

http://www.v70xc.com/cgi-bin/ikonboa...&topic=292

Push them for invoice price on everything, then beat em up some more.

BTW, the lease rates just went up today! The residual value for a 36 or 39 month lease was just reduced to 55% from 57%, which results in higher monthly payments.

Default Imported post

I've heard mention of this dealership before and from what I recall, they're a good group.

Though they seem like they're a pretty big company, from what their online inventory tells they've got 37 2002's and 9 2001's in stock. I realize that's for their three dealerships, but that's still a lot isn't it?

Perhaps you can get a few bucks knocked off for "taking it off their hands." (http://www.donbeyervolvo.com/main.asp?FILE=vshowroomnew)

Default Imported post

I can't speak to the service issue but Mike Dwyer (703-237-5000 ext 316), at Don Beyer, gave me honest answers over the phone.  His quote was also very good.  Very professional.  Price is not always the most important factor in getting a car.  Feeling good about the car and deal are just as important.  Ultimately I bought from Jim Drake (301-890-6200 ext 2106) at Herb Gordon.

P.S.  Always wait until the end of the month when buying.