Default 98 v70xc catalytic problem

Hello. I am a new member of the site and also new for the country so please don`t judge my English.

I have a 98 volvo v70xc. 140K. 2.4L
    Problem- Catalytic converter unfortunately for me rusted out and now is starting to make unpleasant noises..I already tried once to weld it, but with no luck.I was able to repair one spot but the rust almost immediately made a hole in other location. Damn NY salt
    So now I need to buy the new or used converter because even the pipe that connects to the turbo is barely alive.
    Question- Maybe someone had the similar problem and know where to get this part used or new aftermarket? I was able to find few new aftermarket converters on ebay priced $450 but I am worried that they will not last long and check engine light would be triggered by them. I also contacted erievovo salvage jard they have one used in stock for $350..but it is same year same NY area ..same salt..does it make any sense to buy from them since it could fail soon..?
    Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

Erie buys Volvo wrecks from all over the country.
    They also back their parts for LIFETIME, so they're not going to sell you a rusted one.
    I've bought a couple from them, they were just fine so this is your best bet.
    Aftermarket converters don't work well on these cars.
    Upstate NY cars do present issues as that is the salt capital of the US, perhaps the world!

As for your English?
    It's better than many AMERICANS on these boards... so welcome!

Default Thank You

Thank You for the valuable information.The fact that erievovo buys cars from all over the country was new for me. I will follow your advice and will buy from them soon. Thanks again.