Default 98 V70XC still has some vibration after replacing axles

98 V70XC started getting vibration on acceleration and upon checking underneath the CV boots were torn and grease everywhere. I figured I had a bad CV joint so bought some reman axles from NAPA. Put them in and still have a little vibration on acceleration ( not near as bad as it was ) from stop or low speed only and seems to be a little worse on left turns. The original left axle I pulled out had a round donut type piece clamped to the axle which I assume was some kind of damper. The replacement axle from NAPA did not have this piece. Can someone tell me what this donut piece does and if I should remove it from the old axle and install in on the new one in approx same location?

I have checked my motor mounts and they look ok, replaced the front mount a few thousand miles ago so I am thinking it must be one of the axles is not good. Does anyone have any other ideas on what to check for the vibration? If it is one of the replacement axles still causing the vibration then is there a way to figure out which one? Thanks

You also may need a new wheel bearing (s). Also a NAPA axle may not be much good.
    Unfortunately Volvo axles are absurdly expensive but you may need to use them if everything else is OK

Default vibration

I just had my trans done but i vibration when i accelerated and still had after trans about a week later my drive shaft broke i had it replaced and after that was done when i accelerated it was very smooth...don't know if u have the same vibrations i had but that fixed mine

I contacted local Axle/driveline Shop and they are rebuilding my original axles so I will install them in next day or so and report back if that solved the problem. The local Axle shop guy said they are seeing a lot of poor quality axles now either import or rebuilt that are causing same problem I am experiencing so will see if that does the trick after I reinstall originals.

I got my rebuilt axles back from local shop and dropped them in and problem solved. Still need to do alignment but for the most part vibration I had is gone so was definitely the NAPA axles. If anyone on West Coast needs to have axles done I would recommend these guys, they are old school and do great work: Automotive Drivetrain 12533 Sw Main St, Tigard, OR 97223 (503) 639-9476, ask for JR.