Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The sunroof is an option that I miss. My XC70 Ocean Race LE, was already at the dealership with the configuration completed. Just put me as a gift, the parking assist control and Volvo´s Garmin satnav.
    It comes with the:
    Xenon adaptative, High performance sound, electric tailgate, geartronic, children rear seats... of course, all the features of design, from the Volvo Ocean Race edition.

YURI BILBATUA
    (ARS) XE1UN / EA1HCZ

15 XC60 SUMMUM D4 AWD

09 XC70 D5 OCEAN RACE (Sold)
    (Spain)

05 DISCOVERY 3 V8 G4 CHALLENGE
    (Spain)

13 FREELANDER2 (LR2) SI4
    (Mexico)

Mine is a simialr spec to yours, but I chose to keep with the standard 17" wheels and have been really happy with my choice.
    Why? Prior to the XC my last car was a BMW with low profile tyres on 18" wheels and I was paranoid about scraping them on kerbs every time I came to park or manoever around tight areas.
    Now I don't have to worry and it's really liberating!
    The sat-nav has proven to be excellent, and I'm very pleased with it. In particular it's really fast at recalculating a route, which portable sat-navs don't seem to be able to do well at all.
    I specced the tinted windows which are a nice 'balanced' colour and not too dark, but I understand that some may prefer darker. Only way to be sure is to visit a dealer to look at one.

If I was to order another:

1. rear arm rest - i just assumed it was in the seat and the dealer didnt mention it - what a mistake

2. front and rear park assist (the front slopes away out of sight)

3. factory tint (i thought the glass was tinted - not a film as suggested in this thread - hence if its in the glass it wont scratch or peel - the other thing is i dont want to get a new car and sent it off to Tommy the Tinter for him to pull the doors apart) - if its in the glass and you get this option I wonder if the laminated glass option is still available??

4. classic wood trim

5. auto air quality sensor - a must for tunnels - though i still get a sniff of the fumes before it shuts off i think

6. auto rain sensors - my all time favourite - i activate it on a cloudy day and thats it for the rest of the trip - none of this off on, off on, slow fast stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Four-C is nice, BUT if there is something wrong with it -in time-, you really have to pay.... the costs of repairing Four-C are hugh. Besides that, the option is not that great as they are telling you. Try before you buy!
    I agree! Our last car was a 2006 V70R, and while I do miss being able to put the car into advanced mode, one of our main factors in getting a new XC was the repair cost, and mainly for the 4C system. The majority of my driving was just done in sport mode anyway, so the XC seems to have a good balance without it. It definitely has more body roll without the 4C, but it's something I personally can live with. You should get a repair estimate from your dealer for replacing just one of the shocks in the 4C system. If you can handle that, I'd say go for the 4C.

Just placed the order for a Flemenco Red 2011 XC70 D5 (205PS) SE LUX with 4-c-Chassis and a few more 'goodies'!

I really thought about the 4-c-Chassis but after our 7000+Miles around Scandinavia with the caravan on the back, going over all sorts of road surfaces including 'off road' with lumps and bumps every few yards the 4-c-Chassis was a real plus so for the cost it got included.

It's highly personal. I use the adaptive cruise control ALL the time - basically once I'm out of a town, I put the XC70 in "auto-pilot" mode, relax my foot and let it just follow the car in front of me at a safe distance. So much more relaxed after a trip. The rain sensor, lane departure warning and BLIS are a must for me, so are the front and rear park assist. No idea why someone would forego the handy home link?

I understand that the built-in navigation pricy and lacks features of many portables. But my last two XC70s had it and I wouldn't want to miss it. It's been more than sufficient for my purposes - I like how it integrates with the audio system, slides into a perfect viewing position when needed and disappears when I'm in familiar territory.

The built-in booster seats are essential if you often have kids and/or their friends to take along. Now that my daughter turned 10 she "opted" for the heated rear seats instead...

I can do without the power tailgate, the satellite radio, the rear entertainment system (we rather use the chance to catch up by talking).

she finally arrived
    As per updating the thread subject, I finally opted for the Summum version which comes with RTI, Blueetooth, Xenon adaptive lights and electric driver seat.
    I did also choose the home link, adapative steering and styling kit.
    I did not choose the FOUR-C, BLIS, cruise control and lane departure alert, even if especially the last three were very interesting to me, but well...it is a matter of money and choice.
    The cupholder armrest is standard here.
    Childpack is really a must if you have children, integrated seats work great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12