Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The R project

Quote Originally Posted by axelnied View Post
    I really like what you did to your car, shows some real passion... and I love the R-Design dials (with LEDs)...

Could you explain in some more detail how you accomplished that?
    I read that the units are not easily replaceable... Were you able to just swap the dials somehow?
    I have been asked about this quite a lot lately. Instead of replying each time with a new essay, please read the links below.

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16477

Also check out the many posts in the http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14737 thread

Last weekend we installed the white injectors which I needed for the 16T turbo.
    The Volvo tech needed to get a new pipe for the turbo so we put off the turbo install till next weekend.

In the meantime, I bought a set of these:

2008 Active Bi-Xenon projectors

You.. oh my

I hear there are no chance of getting the active bit to work. True or false?
    Current Cars:
    1994 BMW 850 CiA (151k km) Diamond Schwartz. A chipped 5.0 liter V12 4-speed auto with every option imaginable.
    1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible Survivor (44k miles). A 7,7l, 472 cid, 3 ton monster doing 6 MPG.

Previous Cars:
    2004 XC70 2.5T (Died at 173k km) Saphire Black with black interior. RTI, manual seats and an automatic 5-speed.

"My wife has now officially banned me from any more automotive DIY." - jyanno

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    You.. oh my

I hear there are no chance of getting the active bit to work. True or false?
    True - unless you have a 2007V/XC.
    However, the bi-xenon projectors are supposed to be the superior lighting available

Where did you get the 08 headlamp housings? Do you know if the V70R cluster will fit in my 06 XC? Did you use the ELEVATE S60R intake and modify it?
    ~LXA~
    06 Volvo XC70
    02 Porsche 911 turbo
    94 "Sin City" Toyota Supra *FOR SALE*
    94 3.4L stroker Toyota Supra *FOR SALE*

Quote Originally Posted by XLR82XS View Post
    Where did you get the 08 headlamp housings? Do you know if the V70R cluster will fit in my 06 XC? Did you use the ELEVATE S60R intake and modify it?
    3 questions there.

1. I bought the lights online from a Volvo parts dealer.
    2. Yes and no. The cluster will only work if it came from your cars build year. Other factors apply. Do a search for my thread on this.
    3. I have the Evolve/Elevate AMS but am waiting on a R part from USA before I can install it. The AMS is only made for the R.

I admire you're passion Oceanracer, personally having driven my 04 XC70 fairly hard on testing roads I don't think the chassis is realy up to more power than the standard motor produces. It's pretty hard to dial out the understeer and improve the chassis balance without shifting weight around and changing wheelbase etc. I would like to keep the current suspension height but have more control. The standard shock/spring rate is under damped, I have looked at fitting bilsteins but the cost here in Australia means I just put up with the roll and the traction control doing its thing when I push it through the bends.

My 04 has no TC. Just ESP, and that doesn't work very well
    Current Cars:
    1994 BMW 850 CiA (151k km) Diamond Schwartz. A chipped 5.0 liter V12 4-speed auto with every option imaginable.
    1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible Survivor (44k miles). A 7,7l, 472 cid, 3 ton monster doing 6 MPG.

Previous Cars:
    2004 XC70 2.5T (Died at 173k km) Saphire Black with black interior. RTI, manual seats and an automatic 5-speed.

"My wife has now officially banned me from any more automotive DIY." - jyanno

Just got the car back from the Volvo mechanic.
    Installed the TD04hl-16T + S60R downpipe + IPD HD Compressor Bypass Valve with blue spring + Autotech stage 3 tune.

Power keeps pulling well towards redline and does not taper off at 5000rpm like the 13T did. Much stronger pull and torque too. Especially in first gear where it was vacant of any boost beforehand.

I have resynced with Peter's Autotech computer for fine-tuning this tune.
    Mechanic also did his usual car touch ups too

With the excellent help of a fellow Volvo friend, I hooked up a boost controller to measure the boost through all the gears. We needed this so we can make adjustments to the Stage III tune and eventually raise the boost to a optimum level.
    The previous 13T turbo was running at 1 bar
    This bigger 16T turbo was running at 0.6 bar hold with peak at 0.7 in 2-5th gears.

Even at 0.6 bar, it is producing a lot more power than the smaller 13T at 1 bar.
    Hopefully by the end of the week I will be running 1 bar on the 16T. Giddy up!