Default 1999 V70 XC rear wheel bearing replacement

Does anyone have detailed instructions for the replacement of AWD rear wheel bearings. The bearings are not sold as hubs but individual bearings. Are there unforeseen difficulties in installation? Which are the best bearings to use? Any other replacements recommended at same time?
    Thanks

Are you SURE?
    I don't know of any Volvo hub and bearing that's sold separately

Who told you this?

I didn't think so either, but IPD etc etc only sell bearings and not hubs for the 1999 AWD. Further, I've removed a wheel and it's clear that the bearing housing is a one piece unit connecting to control arms etc. All this to say very different from FWD cars, and I think 2001 cars which do have replaceable hubs.
    Thanks

Default Rear Wheel Bearing replacement 1998 V70 XC

I have successfully replaced both rear wheel bearings on my 1999 (1998 model) V70 XC. This model year does not have replaceable hubs. The whole assembly does need to be rebuild. I have the ALLDATA sheets if anyone is interested. The whole job including pressing bearings only takes about 3-4 hours. The result Ahh Silent bliss from the rear end!
    From 1999 onwards replaceable hubs were fitted I'm told.

Default ALLDATA sheets for rear wheel bearing replacement?

Hi, looks like I may have to replace one (or both) rear wheel bearings on my 1998 XC70. Volvo confirm this is a bearing fix and NOT a hub assembly. Would love to have the info on replacement process (especially torque settings etc). question then is what is next to break??! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by forbinnie View Post
    I have successfully replaced both rear wheel bearings on my 1999 (1998 model) V70 XC. This model year does not have replaceable hubs. The whole assembly does need to be rebuild. I have the ALLDATA sheets if anyone is interested. The whole job including pressing bearings only takes about 3-4 hours. The result Ahh Silent bliss from the rear end!
    From 1999 onwards replaceable hubs were fitted I'm told.
    I have a '99 V70xc I'm replacing front/rear bearings on and wanted to ask you about the rears. I ordered front hubs and bearings for the rears from fcp. Haven't gotten the rear wheels off but would love to have more tips on the rears. The other things i've seen are for just replacing the replacement hub versions. Thanks again!