Default Anti-skid Service Required, next drive after ignition cyl fix?

So we're getting the dreaded "Anti-skid Service Required" message in my T6, and hoping for the $2000 fix that's under 10 year extended warranty versus the nickel-and-dime $2000 fix that it'll probably be knowing the monopoly-holding Volvo dealership in this area. But I'm trying to figure out if this message could be steering column related, since we had the car at the dealership to replace the ignition cylinder (the key would not tumble past position one and we had to tow it) until the day before this happened. We got the car back, and the next time we used it the we got Anti-skid Temporarily Disabled upon start, then it went away and the Anti-skid Service message came on while driving (I believe it could've returned after first brake, but I'm not positive on that)... This has happened the last three out of three times driving the vehicle.

Related? Coincidence? {I'd love your opinions, since I know the dealership will never admit that they could've triggered this..}

-Nicole.

Could be related. The DSTC system uses a steering angle sensor which is located in the steering column just behind the wheel. They may have disturbed a connector during the column lock replacement. The part is more commonly known as the "clock spring". If the fault code for the warning light is for the steering angle sensor, I would push for the dealer to cover it.

Post Anti skid service required

Nicole,

I would love to hear how your repair story ended as I just had the same thing happen to me. The dealer replaced the ignition cylinder yesterday and then immediately the message appeared and the engine is sounding strange. They tell me that it could be the clock spring which would cost $500 and that it has nothing to do with the work that they did on teh ignition which I am very suspicious of. Anything you could share with me would be appreciated!

Julie