Well the saga continues - if anyone read my previous post of jumping into the Volvo family this month after spending almost 20 driving Saabs, you'll know that I bought my 02 XC three weeks ago, put 152 miles on her along with having her a whopping 19 hours before having to have it towed to my indy to figure out while my oil light was on.

Long story short, the crank seal had been put on wrong (negotiated in the sale as preventive maintenance) in addition to my mechanic replacing the O rings in the oil pump along with a broken motor mount and a torque rod. After almost 2.5 weeks in the shop and $1100 later, I got her back Tuesday night.

I drove her yesterday (now with a whopping 225 miles on it as me the owner) when I heard hissing from the brake pedal. Yep, looks like I'm going back to my shop to have the booster replaced.

My indy allows me to bring my own parts so... where's the cheapest place to buy one? The majority of the cheaper ones I've seen don't have the DSTC on them. I used to buy all my Saab parts from Eeuroparts and they have one listed for $550. Is that the best I will do?

Come on Volvo, I really did my homework. I have every maintenance record during the life of the vehicle. I never expected in my first tank of gas owning it, I would be deciding between paying my mortgage or paying her repair bills. Just kidding but really, the bleeding has to stop.

I've looked at the instructions on how to change it out myself, but I'm kind of scared to try it.

Thanks all

Jeni