Default OSD Ordered! Questions...

My wife and I ordered our OSD last month for a pick-up in July. A 2010 XC70 T6 in Caper with Xenon and a Moon Roof. Brown Leather and Modern Wood.

So I keep coming up with questions and while I know Bob (university Volvo) will answer them, I'll bring some to y'all for the mob response.

We are trying to get the Erakir 8x19 rims, which if we can we will, though the low profile tires concern me on an XC that might see a decent bit of dirt and rock. I also know road noise can be a big deal on the low profile stuff. Thoughts?

So we've got a dog that we take trail running/mountain biking. She loves getting dirty. We don't wanna get a bunch of double duty accessories, so thoughts on the best option for protecting the car? We are for sure getting some kind of molded floor mats up front, but in the rear we are not sure. We don't know if she will ride in the back seat or the rear. She currently won't stay in the rear of my 68 volvo, but there is no gate to keep her there. I was thinking of the rear and back seat soft cover. Though I was also thinking about the deep molded rear tray, the one that is like 6+" tall at the edges.

So on the topic of the tall molded rear tray, how hard is it to get to the spare/storage area? What do you do when you need to drop the rear seats for larger cargo? Turn it around/slide it forward? Anyone got one?

I'll have a million more questions before July.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by TXXC View Post
    My wife and I ordered our OSD last month for a pick-up in July. A 2010 XC70 T6 in Caper with Xenon and a Moon Roof. Brown Leather and Modern Wood.

So I keep coming up with questions and while I know Bob (university Volvo) will answer them, I'll bring some to y'all for the mob response.

We are trying to get the Erakir 8x19 rims, which if we can we will, though the low profile tires concern me on an XC that might see a decent bit of dirt and rock. I also know road noise can be a big deal on the low profile stuff. Thoughts?

So we've got a dog that we take trail running/mountain biking. She loves getting dirty. We don't wanna get a bunch of double duty accessories, so thoughts on the best option for protecting the car? We are for sure getting some kind of molded floor mats up front, but in the rear we are not sure. We don't know if she will ride in the back seat or the rear. She currently won't stay in the rear of my 68 volvo, but there is no gate to keep her there. I was thinking of the rear and back seat soft cover. Though I was also thinking about the deep molded rear tray, the one that is like 6+" tall at the edges.

So on the topic of the tall molded rear tray, how hard is it to get to the spare/storage area? What do you do when you need to drop the rear seats for larger cargo? Turn it around/slide it forward? Anyone got one?

I'll have a million more questions before July.

Matt
    Good luck finding any directly usable info on those Erakir rims. I take delivery of my 2010 T6 shortly as well and I'm seriously considering going with the Erakirs as well.

I too am wondering how much ride quality will suffer, how much more road noise etc...If you find anything let me know..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
    Good luck finding any directly usable info on those Erakir rims. I take delivery of my 2010 T6 shortly as well and I'm seriously considering going with the Erakirs as well.

I too am wondering how much ride quality will suffer, how much more road noise etc...If you find anything let me know..LOL
    So I called the local Discount Tire and talked to the guy there about tire options for the Erakir and plain and simple there are none. Well 3. And they run 250+. They won't last as long as the 18" tires and cost twice as much. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TXXC View Post
    So I called the local Discount Tire and talked to the guy there about tire options for the Erakir and plain and simple there are none. Well 3. And they run 250+. They won't last as long as the 18" tires and cost twice as much. No thanks.
    I knew that there were limited tires available but that would not disuade me from going with them...

As for them wearing faster...they may a bit...depends on how you drive...

The wheels are so nice that I think they are worth it.

I still wish I could actually test drive a car with them fitted to feel exactly what they would be like...unfortunately this will not happen in my market...

Just to give you an idea...my dealer has never sold a set of the Erakirs before...

Cheers

Hmmm... 235/45/19 does seem to be a wierd size it looks like.

On Tire Rack, 4 tires show up. 3 Pirelli's and a Yokohama, with the Pirelli (OEM) being the cheapest at $230 each, and the only all season one. The other 3 are Max Perf/Ultra High Perf Summers and range from $270 to $340. All prices would have to have shipping added too.

CLICK LINK

There's a few brands that Tire Rack doesn't carry, so you might get another tire or two options, but I doubt many more.
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold

Default dogs in the back!

We put our two collies in the back for their safety as well as our own. I have the plastic molded "tray" that fits between the rails of the back cargo floor. I started out with the folding reversible mat that covers the entire back of the cargo area as well as the back of the back seats when they are folded down, but the mat kept getting in the way of closing the hatch, so I took it out and it now sits in the garage until it is needed. The molded tray holds up to dog paws and can be easily hosed off. It has the place where it bends so you can lift up the lid of the grocery bag holder if you have that accessory. As far as the cargo net goes, it is improved over previous years. I think you would like it as it can be moved to two different positions in the car. It can be directly behind the front seats when you have the back seats down, or it can be directly behind the back seats. If you go with the steel cargo barrier, it has only one position, behind the back seats. But you can get the vertical barrier which keeps the dog on one side with cargo on the other side of the cargo area. When we have our dogs in the back we use the Thule roof rack with the cargo carrier and just put the essentials on the back seat.
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

I read this thread two times and still cannot understand. What is "OSD" ?

Over Seas Delivery, i.e., you go to Sweden to initially pick up your new Volvo. The site has a forum dedicated to OSD: http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)