Default 2006 XC90 multiple problems, any advise?

My 2006 v8 has a whole bag of issues going on. This has only 34k miles on it. I had a shifting problem and took it to the dealer. They replaced the valve body, (so they say) and now it slips between 3rd and 4th gear. Second problem is a loud noise in the front end when going over heavy bumps. It almost sounds like a spring snapping. Dealer replaced the sway bar links but the noise is still there. I am in Buffalo NY and there is only one dealer in the area. The service there is questionable. I had a oil change done there (for 65 bucks) and the other day I noticed that the top of the dip stick was busted off. I called the dealer and they said, "oh yea we have one on order for you" I was pissed that they never at least told me about it. Now for the third problem, after driving and I stop to back up there is a clunk in the front end when you apply the brakes. They also said there is nothing wrong with this. Please any help here on who to call or what to do. Thanks

dijoe7,

Sorry to hear about all the issues. I'm not sure I can help on anything specific but one piece of advise is to let the dealer know you're not just going to roll over. You should be fair but firm in your conversations. Since the car is under warranty, ask them or find out th name of the Volvo factory rep in your area, just in case. As far as the front end noise, that could be a whole host of issues from a bad bushing to a bad strut. Let the dealer try and fix it for you but if it isn't right, keep pushing them. I know it's a pain but if you're willing to accept it and don't put some time in, you'll be left with a car that you will be unhappy with. I also agree that not telling you about the dipstick was uncool. As far as the brakes, it could be related to the noise you hear over heavy bumps, like a strut. I had a similar issue on our XC70 and it went away when they replaced the control arms (at 90k+).

Good luck with your issues. I'd like to know how they are resolved, since my 07 XC90 V8 Sport has 37k miles.

T

Default update

well here is a update, back to the stealer for more trouble, the "transmission performance low" message showed in the message center and the little warning triangle was lit up. I called the dealer and they advised me to bring it right in. I did and now they are saying there is nothing wrong with it. Any one have this light come on and if so what was the outcome? thanks

The final update, I called the Volvo customer care number to complain about the dealer and 5 hours later the dealer called me and let me know that a new transmission is on the way.