Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Lent my Ingersoll TCV to someone with a bad TCV at the moment so can't look at a marked reference for you. Here is a pic that might help. I believe this is the original IPD TCV.

http://sdbhost.com/public/uploads/VolvoTCV2a.JPG

I've run 2 Ingersoll TCVs in my 01 T5 and 01 V70XC for a few years now. Runs perfect. Remember to replace the hoses with 5mm silicon hoses.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

Howard- Once again, you are a wealth of endless info and a true golden asset to this forum. Thanks SO much! That picture is all I need. I have the silicone hoses standing by. I also have an IPD CBV, that I got for free, from a friend- still in the pkg. I'll throw that in too (couldn't hurt, right?). I'm also going to do the drain line seal & gasket job. Next weekend is going to be Turbo Fun-Time!

Art,
    -any links to this via google were also to the new generation or just dead. I was up late last night trying to search it every which way. It's as though the old one just disappeared (queue the scary music)! Even my wife was getting frustrated (but only because I wasn't paying any attention to her)!
    I wonder if the old one didn't hold up to the heat. The specs on the solenoid only rate it up to 125 Fahrenheit. That's why I wondered how the old ones were holding up with the folks that either did this DIY project or had the original IPD HD TCV.
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

That is odd. I was able to DL the PDF to the gen 1 instructions quite easily. No worries, just glad that Howard was able to come through for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPinNC View Post
    I'm thinking of going the DIY route for my TCV...but I'm looking for suggestions + pros/cons for the vacuum lines. I'm considering silicone, but what's a minimum wall thickness I should go for when I buy the lines? IPD says they're silicone tubing is great, but they don't even list the inside diameter of it...not that I could see anyway.

I see 2.5mm inside diameter on boostcontroller.com and I think that's a decent wall thickness, but I was looking for some input from people who've actually done this. Or should I just forget the silicone and stick with rubber?
    Is that the hose you went with?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234