Thumbs up Imported post

I just purchased an Ocean Racer XC70 Edition from a dealer in South Carolina.  We hadn't even considered this version until we saw it on eBay and told the dealer that we would love to be able to see the car even though we fell in love with the Platinum Green one.  He told us that he would get it for us for the same price if we wanted and we jumped at the chance....provided we could see the car in person first.

Well, hopefully we will get the call today to go look at it, but is there anyone else out there who already owns one?  Your thoughts?  I am also an owner of a 10th Anniversary Edition Miata, so I guess I kinda flock to these limited edition Blue cars.  Oh well.

Thanks.

Jeff

Lightbulb Imported post

Had ours since mid-December, around 6,500 miles on it. We love the car and especially the color. Best of luck.
    Ocean Race #64

Default Imported post

Hey!

Check out mine in the photo section!! Color is brilliant !! :-)
    Ciao
       Armin

<2002 XC V.O.R.-Edition>

Question Imported post

Never saw an OR, but there were a few of the Summer Olympic special editions which I believe are the same color but without the silver sidebar.  They have taupe interiors and were very cool looking.  We went with a silver - partly because we wanted the graphite interior and partly to keep a more conservative color for business reasons, but it was a hard decision.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours.
    '06 XC White, Graphite, All packages, Nokian WR's Child Booster Seats

Default Imported post

Just wanted to correct myself - the ones at the dealers aorund here (Denver, CO) were Winter not Summer Olympic cars - used by the various athletes, coachs, whatever during the Salt Lake City games.  The dealers around here were alloted a couple each.
    '06 XC White, Graphite, All packages, Nokian WR's Child Booster Seats

Default Imported post

Well, this is now a correction.  We ARE NOT proud owners of an Ocean Racer.  I guess I spoke a little too soon.  The dealer in SC (Charleston) was going to get one for us and we drove (for the second time) the two hours from Savannah.

When we got there, we arranged the deal and I SPECIFIALLY stated I was going to pay a certain amount and drive off the lot, tax, tags, title, etc. all included.  No additional charges.  Period.

Well, two hours later and after confirming everything with the bank while in the dealership, they passed me off to another person who drew up the paperwork and showed that we owed an additional $4k or so.  I told them that was NOT the deal and that I was paying $1833 down, financing $37k and that was ALL that I was paying per the deal with the manager and salesperson.  They told me they couldn't do that and we promptly told them "No deal" and walked out.

We were pleased the next day when we purchased a Platinum Green (actually my wife's first pick) from Savannah Volvo for $34k and some change + TTL and it still came below my $37 cap with NOTHING down.  I felt we got a great deal.

The first time I went into any of the dealerships, I was armed with the sticker, Edmunds.com, and Kellybluebook.com pricing, included something in there for taxes, and all of the options.  Savannah Volvo came within $30 of what I felt was a fair price.  I will send everyone I know to that dealership; great deals, not pushy at all (unlike Rick Hendrick Volvo of Charleston), and completely friendly before, during and after the sale.

Well, sorry about the long post.  We are happy and proud owners now of our 2002 XC, Platinum Green, Premium, Cold Weather, and Touring Packages.  Now if we can just figure out this CD changer thing...

Jeff

Default Imported post

Jeff,
    platinum green is a beautiful colour! I was considering that, but finally got nautic blue. I would do exactly the same thing as you. Fair deal is something worth of going for.
    Your question about CD changer. After some time looking around, being almost decided for FM modulator CD changer (and after hearing one) I have got original 10 disk CD changer installed by Volvo. It plays great (CD-R too) and the overall acoustics in my Volvo is really impressive. I have installed D-pilar speakers to, because here in Poland they are optional Here almost everything is optional. By the way: the bass reproduction is very good with standard speakers. I am not going to think about woofer or Premium speakers. I am not deft. I just hear them and like their sound. I always preferred paper cones better then polypropylene. At home I listen to ReVox.
    trzesnk
    is: Titan Grey 2007 D5 BSR tuned
    was: Nautic Blue 2002 2.4T BSR tuned

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guest @ June 13 2002,02:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just purchased an Ocean Racer XC70 Edition from a dealer in South Carolina. We hadn&#39;t even considered this version until we saw it on eBay and told the dealer that we would love to be able to see the car even though we fell in love with the Platinum Green one. He told us that he would get it for us for the same price if we wanted and we jumped at the chance....provided we could see the car in person first.

Well, hopefully we will get the call today to go look at it, but is there anyone else out there who already owns one? Your thoughts? I am also an owner of a 10th Anniversary Edition Miata, so I guess I kinda flock to these limited edition Blue cars. Oh well.

Thanks.

Jeff[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Just sold our 1998 XC and got an Ocean Race. So far, we like it - especially the great color. Being here in America&#39;s Cup land (San Diego) we get looks from the sailors.

There seem to be lots of accessories and things to clutter the garage - such as the refrigerator, mud tray, midseat, etc.