Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Volvo XC70 reliability - better info - please sign up

I wanted more up-to-date auto reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to track cars closely as they age.

A model year is included in the survey once at least 25 members sign up. The 2008 was added a few months ago, and the 2009 is close. Additional participants needed for all model years.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the XC70, free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research
    Last edited by mkaresh; 03-20-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    TrueDelta.com
    Vehicle reliability, fuel economy, and price comparison information

We've updated the results to include owner experiences through June 2009. The reported repair rate for the 2008 S80, V70, and XC70 was 55 successful repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

Everyone who has been helping, thanks, I certainly appreciate it. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Volvo XC70 reliability comparisons
    TrueDelta.com

Default oh, michael

You trash Volvo on #carchat on Twitter. I'm hesitant to help, sorry.
    I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by tenmiler View Post
    You trash Volvo on #carchat on Twitter. I'm hesitant to help, sorry.
    Are you referring to my comment that Volvo's sales are weak? That's simply a fact, not trashing the make.

You don't want someone conducting this survey (or any survey) who simply says whatever people want to hear. Got to be willing to deliver the stats, whatever they happen to be.

And, yes, many people are prone to shooting the messenger.
    TrueDelta.com

We've updated the results to include owner experiences through September 30, 2009. The reported repair rate for the 2008 S80, V70, and XC70 was 44 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

Everyone who has been helping, thanks, I certainly appreciate it. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

TrueDelta.com

We've updated results for the S80, V70, and XC70 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2009. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 180, small sample size and clearly not accurate

2008: 53, about average

Everyone who has been helping, thanks, I certainly appreciate it. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

TrueDelta.com

We've updated the results for the V70, XC70, and S80 to include owner experiences through March 31, 2010. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 171, small sample size and probably not accurate

2008: 43, about average

A big thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide all three stats for all model years. So if you haven't already signed up to participate, please consider doing so.

Volvo V70 / XC70 reliability comparisons
    TrueDelta.com

We've updated the results for the V70 and XC70 to include owner experiences through June 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 169, small sample size and probably not accurate (S80, V70, and XC70 for this year)

2008: 47, about average (S80, V70, and XC70 for this year)

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise results and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Volvo V70 / XC70 reliability comparisons
    TrueDelta.com

Thanks for the data. I have a 2000 Volvo XC70 SE. I see the average number of trips for 2000's is 232 trips. I believe it. This car of mine is a piece of junk. Wish I'd never laid eyes on it! Thanks. No more Volvos for me. Give me a Subaru! Or Honda. Or even a Dodge.
    Greybeard
    2000 V70 XC-SE
    2002 Camaro Z28
    2001 Harley Electraglide Classic
    2009 Dodge Ram 1500

"The ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

We've updated the results for the V70 and XC70 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 143, small sample size and probably not accurate

2008: 68, about average

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide all three stats for all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Volvo V70 / XC70 reliability ratings and comparisons
    TrueDelta.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast