Thread: 1999 xc v70

Default 1999 xc v70

I am a car rebuilder and bought my XC as a driving car with front-end damage. I only drove it around my property before rebuilding it. My first test drive lasted about 2 miles and the car went into neutral. I let it sit for 8 hours and drove it back home. The fluid was dark and looked bad so I changed it. It did not smell burnt. I drove car drove into town - 15 miles. It went into neutral mode again. The fluid still looked bad after changing so I changed it again. Now a flashing arrow appeared. I read some reports online and changed out the ABS Module based on a communication error message.
    The car then would go into high gear and reverse. Reverse worked very well.
    Now it stopped working altogether and the arrow light is still flashing.
    As this car was running, I assume to get into an accident, I wonder if an impact would affect the tranny?

PNP switch most likely, not the ABS module and STOP DRIVING it this way until this is fixed or you WILL have tranny damage! (if not already)

Where is this switch located? Is it on top of the shaft going into the valve body?

On the back of the engine I believe

It's on the selector shaft on top of the tranny, towards the front of the trans.

Get the replacement, and it will become obvious.
    Last edited by lookforjoe; 08-04-2009 at 02:15 PM.

'98 V70XC/446AWHP/347WTq / M66 AWD/ Built RN Motor/ Dual VVT head/Enem Cams/TurboTuner ECU/1000cc injectors/ LGSpeed Header/ Custom Intake Manifold/PTE 6262bb + 3" DP/ FMIC/ Water Injection/ 3" intake pipe/ Greddy BOV/ Apexi AVC-R /Column 3-pod: AEM AFR meter/ Dual Boost/Pyrometer/ IPD Sways/ IPD endlinks/ Kaplhenke AWD Suspension/ 18" Motegi 116/ IPD BBK/ Rear Custom BBK/ 3" dual 14834 Magnaflows/ EST H/L's/ SharpHID Hi/Lo&Fogs 4500K/60-100 in 4.3sec 1/4 mile 110mph