Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

May not be required in TN, so they turn them off so they can charge you to
    turn them back on.
    2000 F350, 4x4, Crewcab, 7.3L Turbo Powerstroke Diesel
    2005 XC90 2.5T OSD 06/2005

Default Have same issue what did dealer do to High Beams?

Danny, I have the same issue you decribed w/high beams. Bulbs are good but they do not turn on. How did the dealer turn them off and why would they do that? Did you get them back on or does the XC90 not require them?? Thanks

The inner bulbs are NOT the high beams, the are the DRL's.

My DRL are also turned off.

Does anyone know if the DRL stay on when the high beams are turned on?

The high beams and the low beams are a bit lacking. I'm hoping the DRL can add a little light.

DRL's with some US software versions are only on in daytime with headlight switch in off position and never on with high beams. On some otyher software versions the DRL has been turned off and the low beams serve as DRL even with headlamp switch in 0 position.
    There is no software to enable them with headlights on that I am aware of. The DRL's have a Fresnel lens and are very diffused so they will not help much, if at all, with night time illumination with high beams on.

The light sensor is the 2x5 mm lens at bottom of climate panel. Illuminate it with a filament bulb flashlight and wait for 30 seconds to see if that changes the DRL vs. headlight operation.
    I had both my HID ballasts fail within minutes of each other and I had to use a mini-Maglite held to gear lever with rubber band pointed at that lens to keep my DRL's on to get the last few miles home after darkness caught me.

Quote Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
    My DRL are also turned off.

Does anyone know if the DRL stay on when the high beams are turned on?

The high beams and the low beams are a bit lacking. I'm hoping the DRL can add a little light.
    They go off as they should when the regular lights come on
    They add NO useful light that a driver can use, only people coming at you can see you better
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Has anyone tried different bulbs to get better light output? These lights are pretty lacking, especially the "high" beams.

Default My headlights went out so I replaced the bulbs and that's not it! ARRG!

I bought a used 2007 XC90 for my daughter. The driver's side headlights went out and about 2 weeks later the passenger side did too. I've checked all the fuses and bulbs - those all check out just fine.
    1. Is there a relay and where is it located?
    2. Does anyone know the likely cause to this problem? and solutions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12