Default New to forum. New 2008 XC70 3.2.

Hi All...just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a brand new 2008 XC70 fully loaded from my local dealer for an incredible price.

Anyways, just wanted to ask for people's opinions as to what to check for first when I pick up the car this weekend. I'm assuming it sat on the lot for over a year and I have already asked them to change the oil in the car, but I'm nervous of any issues it may have...especially reading what problems Lotus99 has had. Any suggestions of what to look for or listen to would be greatly appreciated.

I've read through a lot of reviews and forums and I've never owned a Volvo before....I've only driven mostly German, and I'm don't know what to expect from Quality issues.

Just curious....what did it go for? I may be tempted to pickup a 2009 XC T6 if I could find a screaming deal. Most dealers won't go below $39K around here.
    Last edited by meshugy; 06-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meshugy View Post
    Just curious....what did it go for? I may be tempted to pickup a 2008 XC T6 if I could find a screaming deal. Most dealers won't go below $39K around here.
    T6 engine only came out in 2009... sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by meshugy View Post
    Just curious....what did it go for? I may be tempted to pickup a 2008 XC T6 if I could find a screaming deal. Most dealers won't go below $39K around here.
    The car was fully loaded for $51K. It had everything, including the rear seat entertainment. I got them to throw in the back up camera and some rubber mats and I'm paying $38K + change for it. The car is Ice Silver and Black interior. You could really get a deal right now....depending on the options, the T6 is I believe $2,000 more expensive than the 3.2 base.

Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    Hi All...just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a brand new 2008 XC70 fully loaded from my local dealer for an incredible price.

Anyways, just wanted to ask for people's opinions as to what to check for first when I pick up the car this weekend. I'm assuming it sat on the lot for over a year and I have already asked them to change the oil in the car, but I'm nervous of any issues it may have...especially reading what problems Lotus99 has had. Any suggestions of what to look for or listen to would be greatly appreciated.

I've read through a lot of reviews and forums and I've never owned a Volvo before....I've only driven mostly German, and I'm don't know what to expect from Quality issues.
    Congrats, first of all. Yeah, I've had more than my fair share of issues in the first 5,000 miles... Not happy. I don't want to say the L**** word...

One thing I can tell you to check for is all the options they say are on the car are there! You migth have read my posts that they screwed up a whole production run for Canada (I know of at least 2 others with the same problem) and forgot to install ventilated seats even though they came with the option package we'd paid for.

If it's brand new, not sure what else to check for, other than the usual checklist when one picks up a new car. Hopefully yours won't have issues after you drive it.

If it wasn't for all the issues we've been having, I'd actually be really happy with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
    T6 engine only came out in 2009... sorry!
    Sorry, that's what I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    The car was fully loaded for $51K. It had everything, including the rear seat entertainment. I got them to throw in the back up camera and some rubber mats and I'm paying $38K + change for it. The car is Ice Silver and Black interior. You could really get a deal right now....depending on the options, the T6 is I believe $2,000 more expensive than the 3.2 base.
    Sounds good...did you get the Nav as well? I guess if you have the camera then you'd have to have the screen.

I'm really wedded to the idea of having a Turbo (I love how my 2007 XC rockets down the road when I need it) so it'd have to be a 2009 or later. It does seem like the local dealers aren't ready to firesale those just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
    Congrats, first of all. Yeah, I've had more than my fair share of issues in the first 5,000 miles... Not happy. I don't want to say the L**** word...

One thing I can tell you to check for is all the options they say are on the car are there! You migth have read my posts that they screwed up a whole production run for Canada (I know of at least 2 others with the same problem) and forgot to install ventilated seats even though they came with the option package we'd paid for.

If it's brand new, not sure what else to check for, other than the usual checklist when one picks up a new car. Hopefully yours won't have issues after you drive it.

If it wasn't for all the issues we've been having, I'd actually be really happy with the car.
    Thanks for the reply....yes, I actually had them pull the car out for me to take a quick look. Seemed fine and had all the options they said. Should have taken it for a ride but didn't have time. Anyways I'm crossing my fingers when I pick up the car that it's in top shape still. I could not resist the deal and I really love Volvo designs, especially the interior.

Check the tires for round. If the car has been sitting for a long time in a back corner, they could be flatspotted and would require replacement. Otherwise, the same issues you might have with storing a car for the winter might be good to add to your list.
    2007 Volvo XC70 Barents blue w/ 18" Atlantis wheels
    2009 Volkwagen CC VR6 black on black

Thanks for the Tip Chris....will check the tires.