Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Just something to take a look at with respect to creaking sounds at the B pillar. I have noticed that I can get a sort of creaking sound from the trim piece that is fit to the outer skin of the driver's door - the vertical black piece that runs up beside the glass. I don't get any creaking inside the car that I am aware of, but when I hold the door by that upright piece to close it, etc. I noticed a couple of times that it will make the noise. The other doors do not do it with the same motion, so I think it has to do with the way the piece is fastened. So far, I have not done anything to chase it further since it doesn't actually make noise in use, but it is a source of something like you are hearing.
    Mike
    ----------------
    '09 XC70 T6
    '07 XC70
    '98 V70M
    '98 S70 T5M
    '95 855T
    '84 MB 380SL

Yeah, I have a gut feel that's what it is as well. I'm pretty sure a couple of times I tried to park with the passenger door open, and it didn't make that noise, so I figure it's related to something with the door...
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold

Default creaks

I took ownership of a MY12 xc70 in canada a few months ago. It was brand new and soon got the creaks like heard in the youtube video. Of course since it's MY12 the problems like this should have been resolved

First they greased the rear hatch latch. Didnt solve it.

Then i pointed them to RTJ17644 which is the brilliant suggestion made by a bunch of people here. This RTJ doesnt 'apply' to MY12, but I told them that the sounds and symptoms are exactly as described here (ie, you get the creaks when you put one of the tires on a curb say, to get the body to torque about it's longitudinal axis) and they agreed to put new bushings in.

By miracle of god the creaks have gone. So if you have a newer MY, you should not give up home and get them to apply this RTJ17644.

So now I can say it's a great car with tons of class.

My 08 xc70 started creaking like an old door. The sound seemed to come from the front end. I took it to my local independent shop that specializes in Volvos. They showed me how to lube the control arm bushings with a spray lube and the creaking went away.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567