Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default $72 tax in for rear rotors and pads 2003 xc70 toronto

I am sure they arent top of the line, but whatever. Beats the $400 the dealer wants. located in scarborough. In general this place has cheap parts for any car, Mcmaster auto parts.

That's a very good price - any idea what brand they are?
    '04 XC70 (petrol/auto), Nautic Blue / Graphite, Premium, Touring, Boosters, Xenia Wheels w/235x60 Nokian WR's (wife's kid-hauler)
    '09 C70 retractable hard top convertible. Red with black interior.

I pay about $55 ea. for Brembo (general street) rotors

$72 CDN is about $59 USD right now and since he says "tax in" that's 13% in Ontario. So quite the deal.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

I took the $72 to be for a pair or rotors and all 4 pads.

Seems too good to be true, but that lines up with the $400 from the dealer.
    '04 XC70 (petrol/auto), Nautic Blue / Graphite, Premium, Touring, Boosters, Xenia Wheels w/235x60 Nokian WR's (wife's kid-hauler)
    '09 C70 retractable hard top convertible. Red with black interior.

that is correct, 2 rotors and 4 pads.

the pads are made in the USA, they are in my car can get the name.
    the rotors are made in China. Stop Master or something like that.
    i have used this place for like 10 years now for any car I have owned, have never had any issues, they last as long as they should, car stops properly, didnt warp or anything etc.

I am sure they are not brembos, but not much different than average stuff and cheap. phone number for place is 416-285-0285 for anyone interested in Toronto. they dont ship or anything like that, and parts are cheap for any car, once they give you teh price there really isnt even any point in calling anyone else thats how cheap they are.

Sounds like Ferguson's auto parts where I live. Rotors for my Tercel are $18 each, but I always get pads at CTC. I have yet to price rotors at Ferguson's for the Volvo, though. They are $125 per at CTC, and pads are around $60.

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

$72.00CDN for rear rotors & pads, what a great deal, albeit the pads are probably regular OE, as for the rotors "Made In China" wonder how long they'll last.

I too live in Toronto and have a place for dirt cheap brake parts but my question is since these XC's chew-up & spit out rotors, how long will they last. As rotors go I know there are diffrences in terms of quality materials used.

I'm just about to due for rotors & pad replacement and have called half a dozen parts store and that's by far the cheapest. I'd certainly like to go with semi-metallic pads simply for less brake dust but for rotors I'm still on the fence about quality.

Has anyone else used no-name generic rotors, and if so any issues with wear, warping, or any other kinds of things? The way I see it if the no-name rotors last just as long then it'd be a no brainer going that way but if they're done in 2yrs. then maybe the time & effort in doing the job is not worth the reduced price of the parts.

I can get Zimmermann's OE rotors at $56.96/ea. front & $49.99/ea. rear. I believe they're German made, has anyone else used these rotors?

Two rotors and 4 pads for $72 CANADIAN???? C'mon you guys, like it or not you get what you pay for. Not in any car my family or I drive in . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast