Default '98 XC License Plate Lights

Searched the forum, didn't find any situations like this one, so I'm asking the question.

License plate lights blew (or so I thought), removed the covers to replace bulbs, and the right bulb is melted to the socket. Left bulb is intact, but not working.

No problems with any other lights on the car.

Has anyone else had this experience with their XC? Just wondering if I can simply replace the socket or if I have to replace the entire wiring harness.....

Thanks!

Melted?

I replaced both of those bulbs a little while ago. One was really hard to get out, but it went after a little aggressive wiggling. If it won't budge at all though, I wouldn't recommend pulling too hard. I don't know if you can get a replacement socket?
    2000 V70XC 2.4L Turbo - Emerald Green -245,000 miles

Default '98 XC License Plate Lights

My husband very carefully tried to remove the bulb. The bottom of the bulb is melted to the plastic part of the socket. Weird, huh?

Did discover that the fuse to that light was blown (we didn't realize the tail lights on that fuse were out as well b/c we were so consumed with the license plate lights). Replaced fuse, the left light is working but we're not touching the right one.

I think I'll give erie vovo a call tomorrow and ask if they sell sockets or if they come as part of replacing wiring harness.