Default Trying to find one

I live in Charleston SC and am looking for a well maintained 02-04 XC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have driven a couple of 01's on dealer lots, but they felt worn out. I am willing to drive upwards of 6 hours to get the right one. Thanks for any input. Mike

Default Find JRL

Mike,

Find JRL on this forum. He's in Pennsylvania and is legendary for hooking people up with great xc's at great prices; I'll be he'll even meet you halfway between the two of you, and from what I understand, you'll get a great car at a great price.

Good luck, and I hope you have a decent savings account for maintenance! Great vehicles, but a bit pricy to keep going...
    Mitchgat
    '03 Silver XC 58k

I would narrow the Model years to 03-04 or 03-newer just to get the Haldex AWD system. it's a much less problem prone set up.
    2003 XC70
    BFG Mud Terrains
    IPD Aluminum Skid plate
    Curt Hitch
    Yakima Basket W/ Spare Tire Mount
    Poly Upper and Lower Motor mounts
    IPD Gauge Rings
    ETC ...........

Returned your IM.
    Remember this, (good) 02's are just becoming hard to find now, they've become old cars, (8 years old), 03's jhave always been hard to find because it was a short model year abd fewer were made.
    If you can, buy the newest XC you can afford, the newer the vehicle, the better it will be.
    I hope to talk with you soon

Thanks for the replies. What I wont have in money for repairs, I will make up for with one hell of a tool kit and mechanical knowledge. There is a great indi Volvo shop here in town that used to do some work for me years ago. JRL thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.

Default I live in Charleston Also

You probably already know this but Rumph is setting up shop again downtown. He is great
    2001 Volvo XC - 82K Silver/Black trim with Rear Spoiler (for speed) ;-) Current Setup: Elevate/AutoTech ECU Tune, Mobil 1 Synthetic, NGK Iridium Plugs, IPD HD TCV, QBM Front Strut Brace, K&N Filter, Eibach Sport Springs, XC90 17 Neptune Wheels, Hankook Ventus HRII 235/17 Tires, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, Resonator Delete, R Coil Packs, Lamco (ala Subaru) Boost Gauge